Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-02-2006, 04:20 AM   #371
Der Wanderer

Default Re: 50-point Abilities

Second Breath [5 CPs]
Shapeshifting (Human-Human; Non Reciprocal Damage +50%; Reciprocal Rest +30%; Reduced Time 4 (Free Action) +80%; Max Duration (30 sec) -75%; Recharge 1h -30%; Magic -10%; Limited Uses (2/day) -30%; Gadget (Quick Contest of DX; DR 2; Unique) -75%; 2 FP/use -10%)

Description:
You have a necklace In the shape of a heart, pushing a small button it springs open and shows two pictures (those of your two forms)
Twice a day with at least 1h inbetween, you can turn into someone else (one specific other form) for 30 seconds. This form has its own HP/FP and does heal/recover while dormant. Every change costs you 2FP.

Uses:
With carefull planing 30 seconds might be just enough for a hit and run or to deceive some pursuers. The most obvious use though is in combat (Change at the beginning and profit from full FP/HP, then if you are low on either, or get knocked out, switch back).

Designer Notes:
- The combination of Non Reciprocal Damage and Max. Duration has its drawbacks, since the dormant form can only surface for 30 seconds its hard to heal it (especially bad if the dormant form has been crippled)
- The first thing to improve would be to remove the max. duration, if you can spend 6+ hours in either form you don't need to sleep anymore (= Doesn't sleep for free ;)), and the potential of two different looks rises
- If you are not so thight on your budget, you can always drop/change the Gadget limitation
- Another enhancement to consider would be Absorptive Change
- You could always exchange Reduced Time with Active
- Any Racial Template might be added and you have to pay mere 90% for it, no discount for Max. Duration, so make sure its not much more expensive than your regular race
Old 06-02-2006, 07:04 AM   #372
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Wanderer
Second Breath [5 CPs]
Shapeshifting (Human-Human; Non Reciprocal Damage +50%; Reciprocal Rest +30%; Reduced Time 4 (Free Action) +80%; Max Duration (30 sec) -75%; Recharge 1h -30%; Magic -10%; Limited Uses (2/day) -30%; Gadget (Quick Contest of DX; DR 2; Unique) -75%; 2 FP/use -10%)
I had understood that the ceiling on negative modifiers is -80%, with all extra limitations ignored, which would make the modifiers on this total +80% rather than -70%. Or is my understanding in error?
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:15 AM   #373
zorg
Experimental Subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2
I had understood that the ceiling on negative modifiers is -80%, with all extra limitations ignored, which would make the modifiers on this total +80% rather than -70%. Or is my understanding in error?
The result cannot be more than -80%. You can easily have +300% in Enhancements and -300% in Limitations for a net +0%.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:41 AM   #374
ham2anv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Wanderer
Second Breath [5 CPs]
I assume this is supposed to be Alternate Form, yes?
Old 06-03-2006, 02:55 AM   #375
Der Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham2anv
I assume this is supposed to be Alternate Form, yes?
hmm... yes... of course (my bad I always use Shapeshifting for alternate form and Morph for the other... sorry)
Old 06-03-2006, 03:16 AM   #376
Der Wanderer

Injector Implant [48]
You have a complex Injector implanted which can readily deliver bio-enhancers (drugs / stem cells etc.) into your blood circulation, the lymphatic system or directly into the brain and the spine. What sort of enhancer you can inject is depending on an adaptor which can be exchanged though it is time consuming (1 hour), the reason for this is simply that you cannot use the same valve system for injection of stem-cells, slow injection of nutrients or fast injection of steroids. The procedure to exchange the adaptor takes roughly 1h. Once you have the right adaptor you can reload the corresponding capsules yourself. The price of this capsules is depending on the content (and of course your setting). The whole injection system is rather small (SM -8) and can easily be accommodated in your body (usually lower back).
Produced and Developed by: The Blue Sun Corp.
Price: 48’000 Credits
Legality: Legal

Modular Abilities 1 slot that holds 25 CPs worth of physical advantages (+ 50% Physical Advantages Only; - 50% Preparation Required 1h; - 20% Gadget (Breakable DR5; SM -8); - 20% Limited (Only Injection Capsules; GM discretion))

Injection Capsules (Should Contain: Limited uses / Trigger (Liquid that has been injected) and Max Duration)
If your injection system is also coupled with a biosensor (0 CP feature) you can also add trigger to do automatic injections (low FP/ low blood-glucose etc.)

Regrowth (2 Uses (Slow Reload) -25%; Trigger Common -20%) [22]
Injects a batch of genetically optimized stem-cells that get readily recruited to the site of a lesion or a major damage. Each use lets you restore one crippling injury. Beware that this does not accelerate the healing process it just enables it.

Regenerate FP (Very Fast; Variants: Fatigue Only +0%; 10 Uses (Slow Reload) -5%; Trigger Common -20%; Max Duration 10 min -50%) [25]
Injects continuously Keratin-P over a period 10 min, due to the volatile nature of the compound you cannot store the additional Energy but must use it instantly.

Regeneration HP (Fast; 10 Uses (Slow Reload) -5%; Trigger Common -20%; Max Duration 30 min -25%) [25]
Injects repair cells and a protein cocktail that helps fast sealing of wounds and tissue restoration, contains a small number of stem cells. For half an hour it can regenerate damage in your body at a rate of 1 HP/min).

Regeneration Radiation Damage (Very Fast; 10 Uses (Slow Reload) -5%; Trigger Very Common -10%; Max. Duration 12h -5%; Radiation Only -60%) [20]
This is the first injector solution that has been developed, it mainly contains proteins from the BER, NER and the MMR family, some are coated in micro-liposomes for better delivery. These injection helps to repair up to 1HP / sec of radiation damage during a 12h period per injection.

Rush (ATR; Super Speed +20%; 4 Uses (Slow Reload) -15%; Trigger Occasional -30%; Max Duration 10 min -50%) [25]
This steroid cocktail is most popular amongst street samurais. It lets your muscles move at an incredible speed, even more so out of combat where coordination is not as important, there you can do stuff up to 3x as fast as normally. The injection lasts for 10 min and contains the energy burned by the body so there is no fatiguing after effect.

Power Booster ST+10 (10 Uses (Slow Reload) -5%; Trigger Common -20%; Max Duration 10 min -50%) [25]
Mainly injects a mixture of activated sugars, oxygen carrying Poly-F-Carbs and some repair proteins to keep the physical strain to a minimum.

Reflex Booster DX +5 (10 Uses (Slow Reload) -5%; Trigger Common -20%; Max Duration 10 min -50%) [25]
A mixture of neuron-enhancers and oxygen carriers

Health Booster HT +10 (10 Uses (Slow Reload) -5%; Trigger Common -20%; Max Duration 10 min -50%) [25]
Another popular cocktail containing Pain Supressors, Lymphatic Enhancers, activated sugars and oxygen carriers

!!! Warning the two following Injection Packs are not so strictly by the rules since they add two advantages into one slot of Modular abilites… !!!

Energize [23]:
Doesn’t Sleep (Link +10%; 2 Uses (Slow Reload) -25%; Trigger Very Common -10%) [15]
Doesn’t Eat/Drink (Link +10%; 2 Uses (Slow Reload) -25%; Trigger Very Common -10%) [8]
Every injection satisfies the physical need for sleep and food/drink. It is said that people who use this repeatedly go insane due to the sleep deprivation and the mental need thereof, though nothing has been proven.

Oxygen Injection [25]
Doesn’t Breath (Oxygen Storage x300 -10%; Link +10%; 2 Uses (Slow Reload) -25%; Trigger Very Common -10%) [13]
Very Fit (Link +10%; 2 Uses (Slow Reload) -25%; Trigger Very Common -10%) [12]
This injection of Polyfluor-Carbohydrates loaded with oxygen, replaces to breath air through the lung for a prolonged period of time.

Designer Note:
- What Trigger Common to Rare means should be defined by the GM/Setting and this will also dictate the price.
- If you do not intend to switch between many different Capsules you might want to consider a limited multi adaptor (buy a small selection as alternative abilities instead of the modular ability)

EDIT found an error in my advantage and changed therefore the limitations a bit...

Last edited by Der Wanderer; 06-03-2006 at 06:28 AM.
Der Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:50 AM   #377
zorg
Experimental Subject

Spirits of Strife and Discord [+76]
Affliction 1 (Disadvantage: Unluckiness +15%; Secondary Effect: Cursed +15%; Area Effect 512 yard radius +450%; Persistent +40%; Extended Duration Permanent - until next Monday +150%; Selective Area +20%; Based on Will +20%; Spirit -25%; 1 hour Preparation Required -50%; Special Effect: the accidents are mischievous pranks by chaotic spirits, and their nature should reflect this - all accidents must be caused by external influences, for instance)
Notes: The summoner conjures spirits of chaos and disharmony. These spirits haunt a certain location for up to one week, causing mischief and accidents. They can be commanded to spare certain persons.

Design Note: Inspiration was the summoning spell "The Kerubim of Exasperation and Confusion", from Nephilim - Occult Roleplaying. Considering that this is a basic technique of Summoning, quickly learned and easily available for starting characters, it is certainly powerful. I'm not sure whether Malediction is required. At the moment, armored individuals are protected from the spirits.
Comments?

EDIT:
Spirits of Strife and Discord II [+76]
Affliction 1 (Disadvantage: Unluckiness +15%; Secondary Effect: Cursed +15%; Area Effect 32 yard radius +250%; Persistent +40%; Extended Duration Permanent - until next Monday +150%; Selective Area +20%; Based on Will +20%; Malediction III 200%; Spirit -25%; 1 hour Preparation Required -50%; Special Effect: the accidents are mischievous pranks by chaotic spirits, and their nature should reflect this - all accidents must be caused by external influences, for instance)

The area of effect is much smaller to keep the cost down - but it has Malediction.

EDIT2:
Spirits of Strife and Discord III [+96]
Affliction 1 (Disadvantage: Unluckiness +15%; Secondary Effect: Cursed +15%; Area Effect 512 yard radius +450%; Persistent +40%; Extended Duration (on Persistent) Permanent - until next Monday +150%; Selective Area +20%; Based on Will +20%; Malediction III 200%; No Signature +20%; Spirit -25%; 1 hour Preparation Required -50%; Special Effect: the accidents are mischievous pranks by chaotic spirits, and their nature should reflect this - all accidents must be caused by external influences, for instance)

With the changes GurpsFan pointed out, all hope is lost to keep this thing in the 75CP-range. But he's right, so, what can I do?

Last edited by zorg; 06-08-2006 at 01:46 AM.
zorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:37 AM   #378
Der Wanderer

After realizing that there had been an error in the original Injector (and the clumsy corrections I did). I "redesigned" it:

Injector Implant v2 [48]
Similar to the above, but the adaptor is easier accessible, so you can exchange it faster (10 min), You can easily exchange the adaptor by yourself, but you should do so in an clean environment, else you risk getting dirt into the injection system which can lead to its failure or some serious infection (you do not need an sterile laboratory but a clean kitchen or bathroom; Wash and disinfect your hands and tools etc.)…

Modular Abilities 1 slot that holds 25 CPs worth of physical advantages (Physical Advantages Only + 50%; Preparation Required 10 min - 30%; Gadget (Breakable DR5; SM -8) - 20%; Limited (Only Injection Capsules; GM discretion) - 20%; Environmental (Requires a Clean working place; Occasional) -20%)
Old 06-03-2006, 07:46 AM   #379
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally posted by Der Wanderer
Regenerate FP (Very Fast; Variants: Fatigue Only +0%; 10 Uses (Slow Reload) -5%; Trigger Common -20%; Max Duration 10 min -50%) [25]
As has been discussed elsewhere, the combination of limitations highlighted in bold here doesn't work. Each "use" from the Limited Use limitation allows for a single use of an instaneous ability (for example, an innate attack), or one minute of a static ability. Therefore, combining Limited Use with Max Duration (10 min, -50%) is a point crock, because you will never be able to use the ability for more than 10 minutes anyway.

This applies equally to almost all of your injector packages.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #380
Fnordianslip

Not too much of a point crock. I mean, honestly, he could just as easily have said, accessibility, only when you have the correct medical cartriges, injector holds 10 cartriges, -5%. It gets the same point across and would probably be worth more as an accessability limitation than as a limited use with slow reload.
Fnordianslip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurpsland, house rules, pdf, powers, sample powers