Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-27-2015, 05:20 AM   #21
Skullcrusher

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Kane

Randal Kane remains relatively camouflaged. most of the warehouses are still in use -- though that doesn't always deter their use for other purposes. A full warehouse can be much more useful hiding place, if you can get in it. A brief watch of the place is enough to discover it has a lot of people coming in and out: mostly trucks dropping things off, or uniformed workers changing shifts at the factory. No one really draws suspicion during the first hour.

How long will he stay there watching for things? (yes, one hour is just the drop in the bucket compared to a proper stakeout).
Kane will continue to watch for another 2 hours. Looking for an opening to get into the place undetected. He will look for a blindspot for any survellience cameras that he can use to access the building or get on the roof.

Ooc: hoping my luck will comethrough and help me locate the place I am looking for.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #22
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Marcus Savage:

Jake: "Fight? Uhh... no. I can barely win a fist fight in school. I can -- I'd say I can call for help if you get in trouble, but then who would I call? I suppose I could be another set of eyes in there." He shudders. He does not want to go inside, however much he may care about his friends. He steels himself. "What can I do to help?"

Pacing around the building reveals most of the entrances and exits are boarded up -- and there are a lot. Its an old appartment building. It has five stories above the ground, all with balconies. There are only four doors that don't require climbing, each centred on a side. The units are accessed through central halls. He's not sure what exactly is on the roof without climbing up and checking, and he can't quite figure out where the foundation is. He assumes there is a spacious basement, or else these fae wouldn't have holed up here.

He does know something is up. Either one of the fae would be enough to just take the children on their own, and with a third fae delivering the message, he's pretty sure they're expecting someone. Likely enough, they're expecting him specifically. But they have underestimated at least some of his capacities, or they wouldn't have sent Jake. They will likely use the hostages as bait. He doesn't know where the hostages are immediately. If he goes in straitforward he's going to tip off his presence and likely get someone killed. If he goes in stealthily he's likely to run into a web.

Rolls:
Acting to conceal that he knows that Jake is a fae (+2 for doing what jake expects) -- single roll for entire scene
Detect Lies to get info from Jake (+2 for knowing that jake is a fae)
Tactics to plan attack and figure enemy plans.
Architecture to find useful building features.

Laura Night:
The pictures are plentiful -- the bandits didn't bother to avoid cameras, relying on their masks to get them away. The guys seem to be almost identical -- both in build and in facial structure -- strongly muscled, larger males. The car was photographed as well, but was stolen shortly before and has not been seen since.

Roll:
Research
computer operation

Randal Kane:
Its really not hard to find a security camera blindspot around here. Breaking in is harder if the building is in use, but some of the aren't. Randal actually finds a nice refinery tower to climb and observe from.

Its a big area. Randal continues to watch for anything suspicious, but doesn't see anyone walking around. A little voice in the back of his head tells him he may have to wait for a full 24 hours to see what he needs.

Rolls:
Stealth (to get in refinery) success!
Camoflauge (to not be noticed on refinery tower)
Climbing to not fall from tower (+5 bonus) success!
Stealth to find security camera holes (lower of IQ and per)
Observation roll (IQ-based, +5 for simple task)

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:04 PM   #23
the_matrix_walker

((OOC: I am operating under the assumption that Marcus now believes Jake is on team Demon from the last GM post. If I have misunderstood, please let me know and I will edit or delete this post. ))

Marcus does another quick scan, spending a fatigue to check distances, verifying the locations of the fae. Then switches his AA to enable his Leech.

Marcus rests his hand on Jake's shoulder as if to reassure him...

"Now here is the plan...."

And Leeches 3 HP and 30 points of his supernatural powers, and "readies" his armor.

((Please roll against Sensitivity - 19))
((Do you want to do the rolling, or should I just roll my own stuff when it comes up?))
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:21 AM   #24
Refplace

Hermit will use a variation of the Managram spell.
Typical Casting: Lesser Create Mind (6) + Lesser Sense
Mind (2) + Range, 8,000 miles (41). 49 energy (49×1).

Instead of using Magic to seek a mage and deliver a magical message it uses Mind to seek a person (Like Seek Person option) and Lesser Create Mind to deliver a short message and mental image.
He will try to send this to the Hunter he knows best, Marcus and other group leaders he thinks likely to care about protecting people.
Especially to avoid a supernatural war.

The image is the Five of Wands and the message is "The children are in danger and have become pawns"
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:53 AM   #25
Talosian

Jack pokes his invisible head over the edge of the bathtub, and watches the maid and plumber. He grins, and delicately climbs out of the bathtub, carefully moving around the plumber and the maid, and attempting to pickpocket anything the maid has on her, hoping to find a cellphone. If he succeeds or is noticed, he'll exit the room (pushing his way out if necessary), and run out of the house and back into the woods. He'll wait in the woods until Ketty returns, harassing squirrels with minor illusions when he gets bored. Once she's at the house he'll look up and call some tabloid-y media groups - ideally on the maid's phone - mimic the voice of the maid, and tip them off to a potentially big scandal at Ketty's house, insisting that they need to show up quietly without being seen. Then he'll call the strippers, bluffing as much as necessary to get them to show up at Ketty's door in kinky leather (if he's hung up on, he'll search around online for other strippers, and repeat the process). If he is successful, he'll sneak in through the front door, picking the lock if necessary, and then loiter around invisibly by the door until the stripper arrive, at which point he will attempt to let them in (after donning the face of a well groomed man in his mid-thirties), unless someone else reaches the door before he has the opportunity.

Spoiler:  
Old 01-28-2015, 06:35 AM   #26
Skullcrusher

Randal will stay in that position and if it will keep him concealed he will use it to stake out the Factory for the next day or so. Good thing he brought his rations.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:16 AM   #27
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Randal Kane:

Randal waits, keeping watch over his hunting ground.

Night falls without him seeing too much. Most people would have to pull out some sort of night vision goggles at this point. Randal's eyes merely shine through the dark, seeing as well as if were day.

Under the cover of darkness, Randal sees several figures that might be suspicious.*

*will randal chase down the first he sees, or be stick around and try to see all the people that might be fishy around here?

Rolls:
Will (to stay alert)
Per (to notice things)

Jack:
Jack move in and stealthily picks the maid's pocket, scoring the cell phone he wants. The maid doesn't notice a thing. The plumber does notice him (impressive), and tries to hide the fact that he knows, but calmly closes the door and somewhat changes his stance.

Rolls:
Theif! (pick pocket)
Body Sense (vs plumber) -- success

Hermit:

Please roll for a quick and dirty casting. You can make your own rolls, but please note the details here.
If this spell succeeds all PC's except Jack will be notified.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:24 AM   #28
Skullcrusher

Randal will investigate those suspicious people he will watch to see where they head and take out his glint free military grade binoculars to get a better look.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #29
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hermit:

Please roll for a quick and dirty casting. You can make your own rolls, but please note the details here.
If this spell succeeds all PC's except Jack will be notified.
At work, wont have my dice until after midnight so please roll for me.
ty
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #30
Talosian

Jack's invisible face mouthes a string of curses. How the hell... what is this guy? Jack draws and readies his stun gun, preparing for the possibility of a confrontation, but hoping not to injure the man. He'll then mimic the plumber's voice, throw his voice over to the plumber with ventriloquism, and say, "I've been waiting to get you alone."

Spoiler:  

Last edited by Talosian; 02-18-2015 at 03:16 PM.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote