Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #41
Fnordianslip

Default Re: Gurps: Templates

Yeah, automoton does seem a little out of place for a machine that's piloted and has an IQ of 0. On the other hand, it doesn't need the AI template either. Since it's a vehicle, it probably doesn't have a digital mind, photographic memory, etc. It may have a built in accessory that acts as a calculator, but that would be about it.
Fnordianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:11 AM   #42
nik1979

IMO
  • AI is the best way to simulate computer brain can be programed, store data, tell you the time, and be fed digitized information.
  • IQ 0 is for unintelligent organisms like your typical PC. It depends in your interpretation of a computer's intelligence: can it be given a score or is it 0.
  • Automaton is to simulate that it is an instrument and can made to move on its own given the correct programing parameters and instruments.
MIB#2428
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #43
RedMattis

Shadow [240 points]
A shadowy creatures that exists somwere between the physical world and the spirit world
Attributes: ST-6 [-60] DX+2 [40]; IQ-2 [-40]
Secondary Characteristics: Hp+10 [20]; Sizemod -2 [0]
Advantages: Catfall (Feather Fall, +30%) [13];Claws (Talons [8]; Dark Vision [25]; Doesn't Breathe [20]; Doesn't Eat or Drink [10]; Doesn't Sleep [20]; Enchanted Dodge 1 [15p]; Enchanced Move 1: Shadow Form [20]; Immune to Pain* [30]; Indomitable [15]; Injury Tolerance: Diffuse [100]; Regeneration: Very Fast [100]; Shadow Claws** [23]; Shadow Form [50]; Silence 6 [30]; Unaging [15]; Unfazeable [15]; Unkillable 1 (Archille's Heel: damage to the heart/core -30%) [35]
Disadvantages: Apperance: Monstrous [-20]; Dread: VERY strong light [-10]; Fragile: Unatural [-50]; Hidebound [-5]; Low Empathy [-20]; Magic Suceptibility 3 [-9]; No Sense of Humor [-10]; Numb [-20]; On the Edge: CR 9 [-22]; Slave Mentality [-40]; Social Stigma: Monster [-15]; Vulnerability: Fire (x4) [-60]; Vulnerability: Magical Effects (x2) [-30]; Weakness: Sunlight (1d/5min) [-30]
Skills: N/A
Features: Weights only a few pounds [0]; Victims' shadows becomes 'Shadows' [0]; 'Heart' can be hit at normal penalty for full damage [0]
Notes: Nasty little critters from the Abyss that likes to swarm their enemies.

Immune to Pain Immune to Shock, Knockdown/Stunning, Pain/Agony conditions and Pain-Based torture - talked about all over the forum... replace with High Pain Tolerance [10] if you wish (reducing the cost to 220p)

Shadow Claws (+270%)
Innate Attack 1d (cut) (Melee Attack: C, -30%; Cosmic: Ignores DR, +300%

Last edited by RedMattis; 08-29-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: Fixing an error
RedMattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #44
Atreyu_Hibiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMattis
Shadow [240 points]
A shadowy creatures that exists somwere between the physical world and the spirit world
Is this supposed to be the Heartless Shadows from Kingdom Hearts? If so, I'd decrease their HP somewhat, and remove IT:Diffuse and Regeneration, probably the Enhanced Dodge, while we're at it... they were, after all, the "Goombas" of the game. Just some thoughts. Then again, I could be wrong.
Other than that, it looks great!
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:38 PM   #45
Fnordianslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979
IMO
  • AI is the best way to simulate computer brain can be programed, store data, tell you the time, and be fed digitized information.
  • IQ 0 is for unintelligent organisms like your typical PC. It depends in your interpretation of a computer's intelligence: can it be given a score or is it 0.
  • Automaton is to simulate that it is an instrument and can made to move on its own given the correct programing parameters and instruments.
Works for me. I'm a lazy GM though, so I'd just leave both AI and Automaton off of it and say it has an onboard computer of a complexity reasonable to the tech level.
Fnordianslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #46
nik1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnordianslip
Works for me. I'm a lazy GM though, so I'd just leave both AI and Automaton off of it and say it has an onboard computer of a complexity reasonable to the tech level.
Well, thats ok. I thought the points kinda mattered cause they would help determine the $ cost.
MIB#2428
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:34 AM   #47
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

From the 50-point Abilities thread ...

Winged Monkey Template [50 points]

ST+1 [10 points]
DX+2 [40 points]
IQ-2 [-40 points]
HT+2 [20 points]

Advantages:
Arm ST: 2 Arms +3 [15 points]
Brachiator [5 points]
Damage Resistance 1 [5 points]
Extra Arm (Extra Flexible +50%; No Physical Attack -50%; Weak: One-Quarter ST -50%) [5 points]
Extra Arms x2 (Foot Manipulators -30%) [14 points]
Flight (Small Wings -10%) [36 points]
Perception +3 [15 points]
Sharp Teeth [1 point]

Disadvantages:

Appearance: Unattractive [-4 points]
Bad Grip 2 [-10 points]
Dwarfism [-15 points]
Reprogrammable [-10 points]
Slave Mentality [-40 points]

Skills:
Climbing - DX+2 [2 points]
Flight - DX [2 points]

Quirks:
Likes Wearing Bellboy Hats [-1 point]

These are your classic Winged Monkeys, the perfect minions of wicked persons everywhere (especially places Over The Rainbow). They look like some species of tailed ape (except for the wings and silly hats), but are capable of clear speech and understanding explicit orders. They have an average IQ of 80, but a Minion of Evil doesn't need too much brainpower, does he?

Dwarfism is included because the Winged Monkeys are assumed to be former humans who have been changed into their current forms (and shrunk by half their height) by Evil Forces. Thus there is no "Winged Monkey Culture", no place they would fit in, and Dark Overlords are not known for making their Evil Lairs accessible to the differently-enabled, so they suffer the difficulties of Dwarfism. If you don't like this interpretation, remove Dwarfism and Perception, and the point costs balance out.
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #48
RedMattis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreyu_Hibiki
Is this supposed to be the Heartless Shadows from Kingdom Hearts? If so, I'd decrease their HP somewhat, and remove IT:Diffuse and Regeneration, probably the Enhanced Dodge, while we're at it... they were, after all, the "Goombas" of the game. Just some thoughts. Then again, I could be wrong.
Other than that, it looks great!
Nah, it's not the Shadows from Kingdom Hearts, but it is inspired by them.
The creatures i made here are among the two most common abyssal creatures in my setting. The other common kind is "Devourers" (coincidence that they are named the same as the creatures from Voodoo), soul eating creature wish are invisible to the human eye... that is unless you are a medium or can otherwise see spirits.
The setting has a war between the Abyss and Hell going on secretly.

The Shadows lost limbs almost instantly regrow; new ones apearing out of the Shadow, or surrounding darkness. The most nasty thing with them is the fact that their attacks just goes through their target, as if they were not even there. Because of this they can quite literally rip someone to pieces, no matter what protection they have.
Attacks easily go right through them, in most cases not really doing any damage (unless they hit the heart/core).

I could post the basic template for a "Devourer" to if anyone is intressted ;)
RedMattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #49
Atreyu_Hibiki

Kingdom Hearts' Heartless: Shadow [-14 points]
Attributes: ST-6 [-60] DX+2 [40]; IQ-2 [-40]
Secondary Characteristics: Sizemod -2 [0]
Advantages: Catfall (Feather Fall, +30%) [13]; Claws (Talons) [8]; Dark Vision [25]; Doesn't Breathe [20]; Doesn't Eat or Drink [10]; Doesn't Sleep [20]; Enhanced Move 1: Shadow Form [20]; Immune to Pain* [30]; Indomitable [15]; Shadow Claws** [4]; Shadow Form [50]; Silence 6 [30]; Unaging [15]; Unfazeable [15]; Unkillable 1 (Achille's Heel: damage to the heart/core -30%) [35]
Disadvantages: Apperance: Monstrous [-20]; Dread: VERY strong light [-10]; Fragile: Unatural [-50]; Hidebound [-5]; Low Empathy [-20]; Magic Suceptibility 3 [-9]; No Sense of Humor [-10]; Numb [-20]; On the Edge: CR 9 [-22]; Slave Mentality [-40]; Social Stigma: Monster [-15]; Vulnerability: Fire (x4) [-60]; Vulnerability: Magical Effects (x2) [-30]; Weakness: Sunlight (1d/5min) [-30]
Skills: N/A
Features: Weighs only a few pounds [0]; Victims' shadows becomes 'Shadows' [0]; 'Heart' can be hit at normal penalty for full damage [0]
Notes: Small inherently evil creatures that spawn from the evil in people's hearts. Based on the Shadows from the video game Kingdom Hearts.

*Immune to Pain Immune to Shock, Knockdown/Stunning, Pain/Agony conditions and Pain-Based torture - talked about all over the forum... replace with High Pain Tolerance [10] if you wish (reducing the cost to 220p)

**Shadow Claws (-30%): Cutting Attack 1d (Melee Attack: C, -30%) [4]
Submitted by Atreyu Hibiki, modified from RedMattis' Shadow.

Hey, Red, do you mind if I submit this? I've been playing KH, and your template looked too good to pass up for a modification... (or, I suppose, un-modifying it from the changes you made for your game...)
Atreyu_Hibiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:26 AM   #50
RedMattis

No, I don't mind of you submit that, I'm just glad people liked the template ^^

Tags
maintenance, templates