Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Old 05-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
b-dog

Default Re: Hey 19 (Pyramid, that is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsbane View Post
Saying that sounds a bit Hollywoodian to me.

". . . your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous." (Matthew 5:45)

I rather think that Christianity was tailor made for scandal and huge confusions, specially after the so called "free-exam" of its Scriptures, that destroyed any further possibility of exegetical objectivity.

The existence of the Knights Templar inside a Christian frame was paradoxical. A part of the thing is that in the spiritual sphere or ambient of the Middle Ages, there were by far more synthesized things than just Christianity.
WTF??? Yes , I am thinkiing of Hollywood style Chrisitanty where the holy guy sticks a cross on a vampires head and then the vampire bursts into flames or the holy warrior has a red cross on his shield. I am not talking about serious Christian faith just the Hollywood interpretation of it. If Ars Magica and Vampire the Dark Ages can use Christianity then why not GURPS? I mean we use elves (alfar), dwarves ad trolls from Norse myths, centaurs, fauns, nymphs from Greek myths, and djinns, efreet and sphinx from Arabian yths then why not steal what is cool from Christianity? The Devil is a really cool bad guy and Christianity (in the Middle Ages) would be a perfect main religion for a DF game. Of course the other mythical pantheons like the Norse, Greek and Egyptian would also be around too. But this would add the the medieval feel to the game, at least to me.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #12
DoctorRomulus

Default Re: Hey 19 (Pyramid, that is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
WTF??? Yes , I am thinkiing of Hollywood style Chrisitanty where the holy guy sticks a cross on a vampires head and then the vampire bursts into flames or the holy warrior has a red cross on his shield. I am not talking about serious Christian faith just the Hollywood interpretation of it. If Ars Magica and Vampire the Dark Ages can use Christianity then why not GURPS? I mean we use elves (alfar), dwarves ad trolls from Norse myths, centaurs, fauns, nymphs from Greek myths, and djinns, efreet and sphinx from Arabian yths then why not steal what is cool from Christianity? The Devil is a really cool bad guy and Christianity (in the Middle Ages) would be a perfect main religion for a DF game. Of course the other mythical pantheons like the Norse, Greek and Egyptian would also be around too. But this would add the the medieval feel to the game, at least to me.
When I first started playing RPG's with the Holmes edition of D&D we always assumed the Cleric was of the Christian persuasion anyway. I don't see a problem here a at all. It pretty much depends on how detailed you want Christianity to be in your DF campaign.

GURPS IS..."undead-cyborg-undead-dragon-cyborg-riders... and their werewolf allies carrying plasma rifles while riding in aircars"
DoctorRomulus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clerics, pyramid 3/19