Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2019, 03:28 AM   #11
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

To receive email notification when the Kickstarter campaign launches . . .

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/A...On_Kickstarter
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:13 AM   #12
steam_bucky
 
steam_bucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
A quick video as Sam and I scroll through the first batch of minis/CAD designs.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/A...ars_Miniatures
Love the designs :) Haven't seen a van...yet....
steam_bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #13
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam_bucky View Post
Love the designs :) Haven't seen a van...yet....
And you won't in this first wave. Also, forget everything you know about car "sizes" when it comes to Car Wars. The new system doesn't worry over the old lux, compact, etc.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:02 PM   #14
juris
 
juris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Didn't see a cycle either...

No hovercraft? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
And you won't in this first wave. Also, forget everything you know about car "sizes" when it comes to Car Wars. The new system doesn't worry over the old lux, compact, etc.
juris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:45 AM   #15
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Today, a glance at the Car Wars Sixth Edition dice.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/A...ly_Custom_Dice
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:45 AM   #16
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
Didn't see a cycle either...

No hovercraft? ;)
Cycles are a maybe in the future. Hovercraft = No.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:46 AM   #17
Buzzardo
 
Buzzardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
Today, a glance at the Car Wars Sixth Edition dice.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/A...ly_Custom_Dice

"Since they are each a different color of plastic, we had to create six different steel tools"

Isn't it the different faces of each die that make each one require unique tooling, rather than the color?
__________________
Play Ogre? Want an interactive record sheet?

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:47 AM   #18
philreed
Chief Executive Officer
 
philreed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
"Since they are each a different color of plastic, we had to create six different steel tools"

Isn't it the different faces of each die that make each one require unique tooling, rather than the color?
No. If the dice had all been the same color, we could have created a family mold where all of the dice would be shot at once. It is the different plastic colors that led to multiple molds.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:03 PM   #19
Buzzardo
 
Buzzardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
No. If the dice had all been the same color, we could have created a family mold where all of the dice would be shot at once. It is the different plastic colors that led to multiple molds.
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I'm eternally curious about this kind of thing. :)
__________________
Play Ogre? Want an interactive record sheet?

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 08:30 PM   #20
TheAmishStig
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Lancaster, PA
Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I'm eternally curious about this kind of thing. :)
I second that motion. Was looking at it and thinking "Wait, that doesn't make any sense..." and then when Phil explained the "ohhhhhhhh...." resounded like I was a YipYip.
__________________
Andy Mull
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.