Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #1
Gatling Boy
Banned

Default A couple of explosive questions

When you're modeling a power after an APEX round, using Follow-Up to represent the explosive going off after it penetrates armor, what happens if the first stage doesn't penetrate armor? Does the explosive still go off? If it does, does it ignore whatever armor the penetrator got through?

How do you handle a situation where person A has Demolition skill, but people B-K don't, and A is having B-K plant the charges he prepared? The specific example that triggered this question is the water thievery plant scene in V: The Final Battle. There are two people who really know explosives (and it could easily be argued they're the ONLY two who know the specific explosives they're using) leading a bunch of other people to blow up a plant. I assume they teach the others the basics of setting off one of these charges (the charges have a simple control panel, and it appears the user just pushes a button to activate it) and where to put them. I also assume they were told where to put the charges in the plant. How exactly does this play out?
Gatling Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
jspade

Default Re: A couple of explosive questions

For the APEX round, I would use the full DR vs. the explosion.

For the demolition example, I'd treat this as a long task (p. B346), only, instead of requiring X hours of work, it requires X charges to be in the right place. I'd have the people placing the charges still use Explosives (Demolition), but at a hefty bonus (around +5 or so); when they actually blow the place, if enough charges were placed properly, the guy who planned it gets to roll Explosives (Demolition) to see if he planned it properly.