Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #21
Phantasm

Default Re: Modifiers to True Faith

In Psionic Powers there's a new option for Increased Range, called "Line-of-Sight". Perhaps altering that to become "Area Effect: Line-of-Sight"?

It would be a house rule unless it found its way into a Pyramid...

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:17 PM   #22
hal

One thought that occurs to me is if you can reduce the effect such that it acts only on frontal targets instead of an area effect?

Also, can the damage done, be based upon the margin of success when rolling against "faith"? How would that change the advantage pricing?
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #23
simply Nathan
formerly known as 'Kenneth Latrans'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
One thought that occurs to me is if you can reduce the effect such that it acts only on frontal targets instead of an area effect?
Make it a Cone instead of Emanation.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:38 AM   #24
Graey

Here is what I've got so far. I don't have much experience building or modifying powers, so there are bound to be mistakes.

True Faith (Turning, +65%; Holy, -10%; -2 to the roll, -10%; Can be stolen, -30%; Breakable (requires repair or replacement; see below), -25%; Visible, -10%; total of -20%) [12]

Holy Symbol (Wood 2" thick, 1 pound, DR 2, 18 HP, HT 12) (-20% for DR, -5% for size for Breakable)

I want to further modify it to work/not work on successive categories of undead. I haven't sorted out the details, but basically they'll be minions/lesser undead such as skeletons and ghouls, "average" undead such as wraiths and banshees, greater undead such as liches and vampires, and demons, though I may classify some lesser demons as one of the undead categories for purposes of this ability. I know "undead and demons only" is -40%, but isn't that already included in True Faith? How much would these be worth (in addition to the -40% for undead/demons only)?

Works on all undead and demons, +0%?
Doesn't work on demons, -5%?
Doesn't work on demons or greater undead, -10%?
Only works on minions/lesser undead, -20%?

I started out with -10, -20, and -30, but that seemed like it was too much. But I'm not that familiar with accessibility limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Turn Undead: Innate Attack (1d-2 Burning; Accessibility: Undead or Demonic Enemies Only, -40%; Affects Insubstantial, +20%; Area Effect, 4 yards, +100%; Based on Will, +20%; Divine, -10%; Emanation, -20%; Malediction, +100%; Symptom, Dread at 1/3 HP, +30%) [6]
Can I make this a follow-up to True Faith? If I read it correctly, which isn't all that likely, that would make "Rebuke Undead (1d-2 Burning)" cost [2] according to the Follow-Up enhancement in Basic. That's pretty much what I want. I don't necessarily want two separate abilities. I want a Turn, and then if the PC's power is strong enough, damage on top of that. I could let the player buy up the damage as a form of power-ups (and maybe the area in True Faith too).

How far off am I? :)

- Graey
Graey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
true faith