Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 02-24-2018, 10:29 PM   #1
wordcandy70

Default Differences in Mischief cards

The rules state "Unlike Treacheries, however, Interrupts can be played while another ability is in the process of resolving." Does this mean once a Fight begins, Treacheries cannot do damage to the Monster until after the Fight is over, while an Interrupt could squish a Monster prior to damage? Thus, a Treachery can only damage a Monster in the Stash?
I ask because there is an SJ You Tube video which appears to show differently.
Thanks.
wordcandy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:50 AM   #2
ClassicFrog

Default Re: Differences in Mischief cards

i dont think they posted an official timing diagram but a fight has a load of steps:

Start a Fight
FACE THE MONSTER
Ready Defender
Check for Cheating
Hire the Monster
Weapon Damage
Monster Damage
End of the Fight
RUN AWAY

my guess is there's a window between each of those steps where you can play any myschief card you want.

my interpretation is that interrupts can be played immediately after your opponent declares an ability or mischief and your interrupt happens first (like the MTG stack *shudder*)

i could be completely wrong though. :-P
ClassicFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:10 AM   #3
Darryll
Administrator

Default Re: Differences in Mischief cards

The above answer is correct.

Checking for cheating, and a weapon dealing damage to a monster or two different steps within the fight. Things can happen between these steps, such as playing a mischief like Zorch.

Interrupts specifically refer to interrupting the resolution of something happening. When someone plays Zorch, and you play Trololol, you INTERRUPT the resolution of the 2 damage that would be dealt by the Zorch, before it happens.

Does this help to clear up the timing?

Project Manager
SJ Games
Darryll is offline   Reply With Quote