Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-24-2016, 09:32 PM   #1091
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
I've seen fellow Americans switch hands and others not switch hands for cutlery. Nearly all noticeable differences are vocal/written, not behavioral.
Oh there are behavioural diffreance but they are more regional so it depend if your tring to pass off as local or not. Such as personal space radius varies if your urban or rural etc.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #1092
Flyndaran
Untagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Oh there are behavioural diffreance but they are more regional so it depend if your tring to pass off as local or not. Such as personal space radius varies if your urban or rural etc.
I recognize statistical differences, but I think common individual differences vary far more. I'm naturally socially phobic, so will stand at a greater distance from others than whatever culture I grew up would suggest.
Enough such differences would imply Pacific Northwesterner vs. Londoner rather than more generic American vs. English, I agree.
A quick question to give an 80%+ accuracy would be to ask me to pronounce my state name. Outsiders will almost always say it wrong, unless they're married to an Oregonian like the late Steve Erwin was.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:04 AM   #1093
CeeDub

Three-point landing

Prerequisites: Flight or Super-Jump or Catfall

Also known as the superhero landing. You crash into the ground, touching down simultaneously with one leg's foot, the other leg's knee, and one hand or fist, the other arm extended. As a special effect, your landing may throw up a small dust cloud and/or crack concrete.

In combination with Flight, since this is only a Perk, it is assumed that you slow down to 0 just before landing, but as a special effect, it looks like you come in hot. Without innate Damage Resistance this Perk allows you to move at a speed equal to your maximum deceleration rate (see B395) and at the end of your Move maneuver perform the landing. With innate DR, use B430f. to work out how fast you can come in after deceleration.

A landing like this gives +1 to Intimidation against enemies and a +1 Reaction bonus to others.
CeeDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 01:56 PM   #1094
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeDub View Post
In combination with Flight, since this is only a Perk, it is assumed that you slow down to 0 just before landing, but as a special effect, it looks like you come in hot. Without innate Damage Resistance this Perk allows you to move at a speed equal to your maximum deceleration rate (see B395) and at the end of your Move maneuver perform the landing. With innate DR, use B430f. to work out how fast you can come in after deceleration.
Does that matter? I might just leave it out. Yeah, sure, if you come in too fast for your aDecel to bring you to zero, or drop from too high up for your Catfall to avoid damage, you take the normal collision damage, but you can still look cool and intimidating anyway.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:50 PM   #1095
CeeDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
Does that matter? I might just leave it out. Yeah, sure, if you come in too fast for your aDecel to bring you to zero, or drop from too high up for your Catfall to avoid damage, you take the normal collision damage, but you can still look cool and intimidating anyway.
Good point. I just threw it in so it won't be misinterpreted as preventing collsion damage.
Old 07-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #1096
Anders

How about an alternative "Sanitized Metabolism" Perk which makes you harder to track via smell? Say... -1 if you rely primarily on smell for tracking.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:16 PM   #1097
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeDub View Post
Three-point landing

Prerequisites: Flight or Super-Jump or Catfall

Also known as the superhero landing. You crash into the ground, touching down simultaneously with one leg's foot, the other leg's knee, and one hand or fist, the other arm extended. As a special effect, your landing may throw up a small dust cloud and/or crack concrete.

A landing like this gives +1 to Intimidation against enemies and a +1 Reaction bonus to others.
Hmm... who do I want to give this perk to in the Marvel Reboot thread? :)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #1098
RobKamm

I've been rewatching Voyagers! and decided that this Perk just had to be written up somewhere.

Great Kisser - You get a +1 on all Reaction Rolls to initiate a kiss (but -1 on Reaction Rolls by others within line-of-sight). In addition, anyone you've kissed has a permanent +1 Reaction modifier towards you -- a bonus that remains in effect even in alternate timelines!

Maybe that should be two separate Perks.
RobKamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:32 PM   #1099
CeeDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
At least in the MCU, this is Iron Man's signature move. Black Widow did it at least once, and I'm pretty sure Spider-Man does it all the time, although I couldn't give any specific examples.
Old 07-25-2016, 11:39 PM   #1100
Celti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
💀💩L, obviously.

if the emoji don't render for you, that's Deadpool.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, perks