Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #1071
Harald387

Default Re: List Of your favorite Custom Perks

Muscular Menace: In any situation where you would gain a bonus to Intimidation from a display of strength, base the roll on ST instead of Will. This replaces the +1 to +4 bonus from the skill modifier.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:11 PM   #1072
Celti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald387 View Post
Muscular Menace: In any situation where you would gain a bonus to Intimidation from a display of strength, base the roll on ST instead of Will. This replaces the +1 to +4 bonus from the skill modifier.
I would forbid this perk for anything larger than SM+0, or else the SM-ST relationship breaks Intimidation forever, and we don't want that.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #1073
Wavefunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celti View Post
I would forbid this perk for anything larger than SM+0, or else the SM-ST relationship breaks Intimidation forever, and we don't want that.
I'd just divide ST by linear scale (SM+1 = x1.5, SM+2 = x2.5).
Wavefunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #1074
Celti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavefunction View Post
I'd just divide ST by linear scale (SM+1 = x1.5, SM+2 = x2.5).
That's a reasonably fair way to do it too, yeah.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:47 AM   #1075
Celti

Strategic Sartorial Sacrifice: The effective inverse of Sartorial Integrity, you may sacrifice an article of clothing to environmental hazards to avoid taking damage yourself! If you fail a roll versus an environmental hazard by 1 or 2, you instead lose an appropriate garment and suffer no ill effect: the quicksand steals your boot but your foot comes free, your coat catches on a branch and slows your fall, but is torn up the middle, or your pants are torn to shreds by poisonous thorns but you yourself are free from harm. Nudists need not apply.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:03 AM   #1076
malloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celti View Post
Strategic Sartorial Sacrifice: The effective inverse of Sartorial Integrity, you may sacrifice an article of clothing to environmental hazards to avoid taking damage yourself! If you fail a roll versus an environmental hazard by 1 or 2, you instead lose an appropriate garment and suffer no ill effect: the quicksand steals your boot but your foot comes free, your coat catches on a branch and slows your fall, but is torn up the middle, or your pants are torn to shreds by poisonous thorns but you yourself are free from harm. Nudists need not apply.
I like this one. A related theme is throwing away whatever you happen to be holding as a reaction mass to recover your balance.

I might do this as an automatically successful but only once thing instead of a modifier though, a pre-bought success roll basically, to increase the odds it would actually come up. How many times are you going to be sinking in quicksand anyway?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:17 PM   #1077
Celti

Refined Ferocity: You may make an All-Out Attack maneuver that gains both the skill bonus and the damage increase of a Committed Attack, giving a +2 to skill and a +1 per two full dice to damage. This may be combined with Mighty Blows if you have the Focused Fury perk, giving the damage bonus of All-Out Attack (Strong).
Old 10-31-2015, 01:43 PM   #1078
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloyd View Post
I like this one. A related theme is throwing away whatever you happen to be holding as a reaction mass to recover your balance.

I might do this as an automatically successful but only once thing instead of a modifier though, a pre-bought success roll basically, to increase the odds it would actually come up. How many times are you going to be sinking in quicksand anyway?
This is also a classic defense in fiction against drowning.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:22 PM   #1079
The Benj

Quote:
Originally Posted by abe ray View Post
Would my bookworm perk count as a custom perk?
If it's not officially published, it's custom.
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #1080
Phantasm

I did a quick search for this and didn't see it. This is a Magical Perk, possibly useful as a perk for a Magical Style. I didn't see it in Magical Styles, either, when I was making a character who could use it.

Improved Counterspelling
The mage can use the Counterspell and Ward spells against any spell from any college he knows at least 6 spells from, even if he doesn't know the spell being cast.

The idea is that after six spells, the mage has a solid grasp of the basics of the college that he can produce effects that counter spells he doesn't know.

So, thoughts?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, perks