Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-30-2015, 03:24 PM   #701
WanderingMonster1

Default House Rule for Naughty/Nice List for 2 Player game

Text: Choose the other player. He or she either goes up a level or loses a level.
WanderingMonster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 06:58 PM   #702
Mopo

Default Re: Member House Rules

I haven't gone through all the posts here, so I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I think the only house rule my group usually plays with, is that you only gain a level from beating a monster if the monster is at the same level or higher than yours. This prevents powerful players at perhaps 30+ fight a level 1 monster for the win :)
Mopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #703
orcbgone

So far the only special rule that has come up at my FLGS is not tearing, shredding or otherwise destroying your bookmarks, all other effects, like giving them temporarily or permanently, to other players still apply.
orcbgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:55 PM   #704
orcbgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeXaztor View Post
i dont get why everyone is bashing on kneepads, i like them, it makes the game harder to win and easier for the one to have it to mess with everyone else wich in my opinion is great.
It does sometimes suck when you find yourself on the wrong end of it at times, but it is indeed awesome when you manage to get it!
orcbgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 02:44 PM   #705
rukimon

Default Re: Two Player Game Rules

I got Munchkin Deluxe as a gift this Xmas and have so far only played it (lots and lots of times) as a two player game and it's worked great with this rule, which I found on another forum:

You can only be Munchkinly to your opponent if they are level 4 or above (so you cant play curses or negatively influence their combat etc while they are levels 1-3.)

And to add a twist to the end of the game, when a player gets to level 10 they actually take the treasure from the defeated monster. If the treasure includes any Go Up A Level cards then they must play the cards immediately but go DOWN a level for each card. And if they get the Steal A Level Card then they go down a level while they opponent goes up (even if the opponent is on level 9!)
rukimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:36 PM   #706
CaptainChwelve

My only house rule is that you can't tie for the win.
CaptainChwelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:46 PM   #707
ThisisDog

Default Re: Two Player Game Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukimon View Post
And to add a twist to the end of the game, when a player gets to level 10 they actually take the treasure from the defeated monster. If the treasure includes any Go Up A Level cards then they must play the cards immediately but go DOWN a level for each card. And if they get the Steal A Level Card then they go down a level while they opponent goes up (even if the opponent is on level 9!)
I really like that. I'm going to steal it.
Old 01-27-2016, 02:56 PM   #708
whitecloud197

Hey Guys, Its been a very long time since I been on the forums and im looking forward to spending some time on here and catching up, in the mean time A Few questions I would like your opinion on,

I have almost all of the 15 / 30 card booster packs (Fairy Dust, Munchkinomicon, Dragons, Golbins, etc etc)

I used to play munchkin with them all mixed up in the Main door and Treasure decks. Allowing for an occasional special card draw.

A few years ago I participated in my first munchkin tournament and what they did was,

Each player got their own 15 card booster pack and they can either draw from the main draw deck or their own personal 15 card booster deck . Which was a super fun and different way of playing with it, and ive essentially adopted this technique.

Now that Hipsters is out, Its a 30 card deck, and it doesn't allow for this type as the deck is twice as big.

How do you guys play with these booster decks ? Or do you just mix them up in the base set ?

Do you have any various ways you can recommend ?

Whitecloud197
whitecloud197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 04:07 PM   #709
Abelhawk

I was really disappointed with all the weak dragons in the Here Be Dragons set, so I used a pen to modify their levels and treasures to be harder. Seriously, there were like 4 Level 1 dragons. Dragons are supposed to be the ultimate boss beasts!

Also, I took out like 25% of the GUALs from my conglomerate of expansions, since they seemed to always clump together when shuffled and ruined the fun of the game.
Abelhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:58 PM   #710
ThisisDog

A new thing we've adopted is, upon ending the game, if our character's build is funny or interesting then we photograph the cards they have equipped, name them and then draw them on blank cards as monsters, their level being the combat strength that you had when the game ended.

My favourite so far is "Orcwind", a level 16 Orc Musician, equipped with Monster Repellant Socks, Kitten Mittens, a Filletser and a Paintball Gun. There's also the male "Princesa Gwendelino", a Level 8 Princess Summoner with Snail Mail, a Throwing hat (which is a Sombrero, hence the Mexican name) and The Morrow as an ally.

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice