Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-10-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Burning Time [Thaumotology]

I actually like the idea of consentual draining (for example, a mage could drain 5 x [Magery+1] days from a consenting sexual partner every sexual encounter). I agree that it should be an extra option though (which would be especially appropriate for energy accumulation or threshold-limited magic).
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #12
Plane

How would constructing this differ from something like taking "Rapid Aging" as a Temporary Disadvantage on a switchable Energy Reserve?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #13
Jack Sawyer

consentual aging offers some interesting possibilities. Economically you might have people who 'sell' such life for the purposes of magic (although the dark side of this would overlap with slavery, methinks, or brainwashed cults) but I could see groups of spellcasters working together to share some life for spells and minimize the cost. Maybe even have a way for a group of spellcasters to 'trade' that life to another of their number for that purpose without draining their own life excessively.
Jack Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:21 PM   #14
zoncxs

I like this idea. I would make it so that mages have unaging, thus making them practically immortal as long as they don't use their magic (which would never happen).
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote