Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #41
Icelander

Default Re: Shooting a LOT of Bullets Through a LOT of Folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
...Okay, I'm not saying you can't do that, of course, but I'm confident that that is not actually anything like RAW.
According to 'Overshooting and Stray Bullets' IIRC (BA390), you track projectiles which aren't accounted for, not entire attacks of whatever RoF. Otherwise, a successful attack roll with a RoF 100 attack would not endanger anyone else.

Obviously, you often will not bother to track each individual bullet, but I read the text as supporting it. Certainly a RoF 2 attack which hit exactly (thus hitting with one projectile) would still use the Hitting the Wrong Target rules for the other projectile.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #42
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
According to 'Overshooting and Stray Bullets' IIRC (BA390), you track projectiles which aren't accounted for, not entire attacks of whatever RoF. Otherwise, a successful attack roll with a RoF 100 attack would not endanger anyone else.

Obviously, you often will not bother to track each individual bullet, but I read the text as supporting it. Certainly a RoF 2 attack which hit exactly (thus hitting with one projectile) would still use the Hitting the Wrong Target rules for the other projectile.
As I said, I can't go word for word in the books now, so I can't put in a solid opinion on the individual bullets vs. full stacks question. (Though the former would be extremely hard to play as written, so I'd be surprised.)

However, your overall edifice of both not tracking volleys and tracking volleys at the same time doesn't make sense.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #43
gilbertocarlos

Tracking each bullet will make more likely to hit other people than your intended target, see below:

Scenario 1:
Enemy at 10y
You aim and fire with RoF10, Rcl2, effective skill is 12.
He is hit by 2 bullets

Scenario 2:
You aim at something behind the enemy that is 10y away.
You aim and fire, your effective skill is 11, however you'll roll for each bullet.
Each bullet hit's on 9 or less, he is hit by 3 to 4 bullets.

If you increase RoF, it gets even worse, with RoF 100 he is hit by 5 bullets, but if you aim directly behind him, then he is hit by 37 bullets.
gilbertocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contrived, legionary abuse, murphy's rules, rof