Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-13-2019, 07:53 AM   #261
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
"I don't think you can fix being short" (I wonder, due to amnesia would you necessarily perceive your difference in gait/posture when you're more focused on a height difference?) "But maybe I can work on jumping between legs"
Kuse tilts her head up in disdain (she's on a screen):

"Your speed is the result of a lot more than your Achondroplasia*. Some of your issues we can fix. Others we can supplement. I don't know who kept you out of a hospital until now, but I have nothing but disgust for them."

*Olive recognizes this word, and actually knows quite a bit about it, but it doesn't feel like "Her". Though now that she thinks about it, it fits.

"If you're really worried about people getting in, you could talk with security about getting some form of self defense. If you have someone you really trust, you could try to get them to move in there with you. They may not be able to fight, but they're a good backup for watching out and calling security."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #262
Plane

"I don't know that I distrust or trust anyone in particular, it seems when this happens to people they are otherwise good-natured until whatever affecting them takes hold..."

"I'm open to learning some self-defense though I hope maybe it could be with more than one person in the room"

"Do you know why these men might have come to my door in particular?"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #263
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"You say you don't think they have anything against you? They just spontaneously attack? That's a bit similar to the memory problems we've been seeing in everyone else. I think I'll look at their ANI logs during this time for patterns."

"You should be able to find a self-defense program. Though the best ones will require an ANI."

"No one know anything about Olive White, as far as I know. I don't know why you would be a target. Though if its spontaneous... Let me do my research. I promise I'll tell you if I find anything worth relating"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-19-2019, 10:36 PM   #264
Plane

"For now I will see what I can do without an ANI, maybe later, I'm sure it's a lot of trouble to go to and I don't know that I've earned that privilege yet".

(given how whatever this is will probably be a little soreness-inducing, she'll still try to balance it with some kind of skill-building program related to medical work as earlier)
Old 06-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #265
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Dr. Kuse leaves the conversation.

Is Olive mostly focusing on the medical scanning rather than the self defense?

The next few hours are quiet, then she gets another request for a visitor. This time its an exceptionally small woman named Yuria requesting to meet with her virtually to "get to know each other"

Old 06-22-2019, 09:59 PM   #266
Plane

Mostly medical scanning, she'll try hard at physical stuff but would get tired and need something to do while resting body.

"I'll accept the meeting with Yuria... so long as it's only virtual, those seem to have gone safely for me so far."
Old 06-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #267
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuria appear on the screens. She's not terribly old for this ship (which is to say she's only 25 or so years older than Olive).

"Hey, I thought we should get to meet. Your social account appears to be empty. Did you do that on purpose?"

"What sorts of rooms* do you usually hang out in?"

Yuria continues to chatter, making friendly but pointed small talk, trying to figure out what sort of a person Olive is.

What kind of answers will olive give?

*virtual rooms, to be clear: the environments virtual meetings and so forth occur in.

Old 06-24-2019, 04:08 PM   #268
Plane

"Not on purpose Yuria, I actually didn't know I had a social account until now. I haven't visited any rooms, could you recommend one?"
Old 06-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #269
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Yuria: "Well, the place everyone hangs out on this ship is the Galapagos*. Personally, I like the Villa, it feels richer somehow. And amazonia zooalogica, of course."

Yuria:"Of course you have a social account! what, did you think we were going to shut you up in a cage for 6 months? We're not inhumane."

*She's talked to the medical team while they were in the Galapogas before, back around post 12ish.

Old 06-26-2019, 07:12 PM   #270
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yuria: "Well, the place everyone hangs out on this ship is the Galapagos*. Personally, I like the Villa, it feels richer somehow. And amazonia zooalogica, of course."

Yuria:"Of course you have a social account! what, did you think we were going to shut you up in a cage for 6 months? We're not inhumane."

*She's talked to the medical team while they were in the Galapogas before, back around post 12ish.
In 11 Kuse mentioned spaceship Beagle being named after the boat Darwin took the the Galapagos

and then post 121 was when Kuse mentioned visiting there.

( as "everyone" sounds pretty overwhelming (and she still doesn't want to impose upon Kuse, giving them a break from the "work" she would definitely be for them. )

*mumbles* "Perhaps... I will visit this -Villa-? It... sounds a bit calmer than the others... I don't know if I'm ready to be around many people yet so I can save the Galapagos for the future... and Amazoniazoologica sounds like... a lot to work up to"

(I gotta just stop resorting to "computer", wish I was better at remembering names and didn't have to look them up... PBP probs)

*looks around randomly, deciding to focus on the ceiling "System Access Unit Heera, could you open a doorway... to Villa?"