Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
Misplaced Buckeye

Default So where is Ogre/GEV going from here??

Just read through many accounts of Gen Con including SJ Games. Seems like it was a good time had by all. But I noticed a lack of Ogre presence. In the description of what was happening in the booths, it didn't seem like anything new was on the horizon, in fact in the New Releases pages here there's a distinct lack of Ogre. So I guess I'm asking where is our favorite game going from here? Considering the sellout of sponsored counters and other paraphernalia on most sites and in most stores, the fan based expansion seems to be the strongest source for new products and ideas. I see nothing not even a restock or a reprint of the Kickstarter counter sheets. Ogre is such an openended game as a platform for new stuff. Comments??
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
Jen

Default Re: So where is Ogre/GEV going from here??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
Just read through many accounts of Gen Con including SJ Games. Seems like it was a good time had by all. But I noticed a lack of Ogre presence. In the description of what was happening in the booths, it didn't seem like anything new was on the horizon, in fact in the New Releases pages here there's a distinct lack of Ogre. So I guess I'm asking where is our favorite game going from here? Considering the sellout of sponsored counters and other paraphernalia on most sites and in most stores, the fan based expansion seems to be the strongest source for new products and ideas. I see nothing not even a restock or a reprint of the Kickstarter counter sheets. Ogre is such an openended game as a platform for new stuff. Comments??
Hi Buckeye,

You can find the counter sheets at Warehouse 23, the Scenarios page has a bunch of new scenarios for play-testing and the forums are open for feedback. Please, rest assured, we are still moving forward with Ogre and as soon as I have information, you'll get it.

Thanks!
Jen

Last edited by Jen; 08-06-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:55 AM   #3
Misplaced Buckeye

Trust me Jen, I have acquired about 90% maybe even 100% of the available counters though the KS extras still elude me such as Targets go Boom and others, and I even bought a duplicate set for backup, every d/l I can lay my hands on and watch the scenarios weekly. Even working on a variant for the hidden lab one. I'd like to complete my set but doesn't look too good unless you know of extras lying about of the of the M, L, O, P sheets(Probably missing a couple more but I'm at work right now). I guess the world is more RPG and card based than an old grognard like me would like. But thanks for the reply.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:11 PM   #4
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
I guess the world is more RPG and card based than an old grognard like me would like. But thanks for the reply.
I think you need to look at what this statement is saying:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Please, rest assured, we are still moving forward with Ogre and as soon as I have information, you'll get it.
The key here is when there's information to share, they will share it. The fact that they still have a Line Editor for Ogre says a lot, too. It's obvious that they do, in fact, have other Ogre things in the works; they just aren't at a point where they can say anything meaningful about them to us.

I'm not sure they have fully recovered from getting ODE out the door. Ogre stuff just seems to be back into a more standard rotation in a larger pool. There are still other items from the kickstarter that haven't materialized, either (new computer version, for example). Things are slow, but evidence shows they are at least still moving.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:05 PM   #5
Misplaced Buckeye

Calm Down GP...Patience has never been one of my long suits but you didn't fully read my reply. I thanked Jen for her reply and took the blame for just being who and what I am; ie OLD and a wargamer(Grognard) at heart. You have to admit the RPG, Card and Dice games are the strongest pull for gamer dollars. I see this in most of the Cons I 've been attending since getting back into the gaming world. But I have been enamored with the Ogreverse since the original Ogre and all its extensions came out in the 70's. It fed into my love of Keith Laumer's Bolo series and the authors that kept it going. Just actually found Old Guy so I've got something more to peruse. So lower shields...lol we're all in this together.
Old 08-07-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Calm Down GP...Patience has never been one of my long suits but you didn't fully read my reply. I thanked Jen for her reply and took the blame for just being who and what I am; ie OLD and a wargamer(Grognard) at heart. You have to admit the RPG, Card and Dice games are the strongest pull for gamer dollars. I see this in most of the Cons I 've been attending since getting back into the gaming world. But I have been enamored with the Ogreverse since the original Ogre and all its extensions came out in the 70's. It fed into my love of Keith Laumer's Bolo series and the authors that kept it going. Just actually found Old Guy so I've got something more to peruse. So lower shields...lol we're all in this together.
Sorry if it came off harsh, that wasn't the intention. I did read the whole thing and was just trying to clarify specific points. No harm, no foul. ;-)

Yeah, there's no question that the focus of the gaming world has changed since we started playing Ogre. Show kids these days (boy, I _am_ getting old) a hex map, and you get some pretty interesting stares. :-)
Old 08-07-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
philreed
I do stuff and things.

I had a copy of Ogre: Operation 218 at Gen Con and played it a few times with others. That's definitely coming in early 2016.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1169673

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1211680
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #8
Thirdpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I had a copy of Ogre: Operation 218 at Gen Con and played it a few times with others. That's definitely coming in early 2016.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1169673

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1211680
I was one of the few, lucky people who got to see it in between Phil running to meetings:

http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.co...utographs.html
Old 08-08-2015, 06:01 PM   #9
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdpower View Post
I was one of the few, lucky people who got to see it in between Phil running to meetings:

http://daysofourtrailers.blogspot.co...utographs.html
Dammit, that link led me astray, into about three hours of reading up on the latest shenanigans of Ken Whitman.

Great pics!
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 08:18 PM   #10
Buzzardo

I'm just hopin' for Pocket GEV. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gev, ogre