Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 11-21-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
madickey

Default Error 424: Object required 'c' in line 3718

I get the above error code when attempting to print or print preview. After some troubleshooting, the error only occurs when I have either "Include page numbers with skills" or "Include page numbers with spells" selected in Sheet Options. Page numbers for Ads, Disads or Templates don't seem to cause an issue.
I tried to uninstall, and reinstall, but that doesn't fix it. Compatibility mode doesn't help (I'm using Win 10). I am updated to the latest version of both program and data files.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:43 AM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: Error 424: Object required 'c' in line 3718

Make sure the driver for whatever printer you're using are fully updated. Alternatively try printing to PDF using a PDF Printer driver; if that works you should then be able to print the PDF file without issue.

What character sheet are are you using to print with?
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 05:19 PM   #3
madickey

I’m using charactersheet.gcs
I have downloaded and reinstalled drivers, even though windows told me I was up-to-date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled GCA. I tried changing to “Microsoft Print to PDF” for the default printer, and got the same error.
If I use “discworldsheet.gcs,” it will print (though I do get missing art for discworldbanner.jpg.)
Is there somewhere I can just download a new copy of the file charactersheet.gcs?
Old 11-21-2020, 10:07 PM   #4
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

It should be in the latest data update, but you can download a copy from Armin's website:

https://misersoft.com/gca/sheets/index.php

https://misersoft.com/gca/sheets/charactersheet.gcs
(right click on the second link and choose "Save As")
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 08:50 AM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

Hopefully downloading the sheet from my site at the link Eric gave you will fix the problem. There was a bug that caused what you're seeing that was fixed years back. That should be the sheet included in all the updated downloads, but it's possible that either it wasn't, or your copy wasn't correctly updated by the installers.

For the missing Discworld banner, it's available on my site on the Discworld sheet page. The link for the image is below the link for the sheet itself. Just put the image into the same folder as the sheet and it should be found.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
madickey

Thank you, gentlemen. I'm not sure where things went wrong, but replacing the charactersheet.gcs file worked like a charm.