Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #1
Espoir

Default Transferral Potion question

I have a question about the Transferral Potion.
Let's say you bust down a door and a monster appears that is too high a level for you to beat and you use the transferral potion to force someone else to fight it instead of you.
Because you're transferring combat to someone else, would you then be able to fight a monster from your hand?
And if so, who's combat would end first? Your's because it was your turn to begin with, or their's since their combat was the first initiated?
Espoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Killer Cosby

Default Re: Transferral Potion question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espoir View Post
I have a question about the Transferral Potion.
Let's say you bust down a door and a monster appears that is too high a level for you to beat and you use the transferral potion to force someone else to fight it instead of you.
Because you're transferring combat to someone else, would you then be able to fight a monster from your hand?
And if so, who's combat would end first? Your's because it was your turn to begin with, or their's since their combat was the first initiated?
I don't think so.
When you kick down the door and find a monster, win or lose you don't get to look for trouble after the combat. So because you got a monster on your door kick or even if you looked for trouble and had to transfer it, you wouldn't get a second opportunity to fight again.

Because you are transferring your combat to some one else, it puts the person you transferred the monster to into immediate combat. That person must then resolve the conflict. The transfer card states that the original player loots the room which would prevent the person from looking for trouble anyways, and signals an end to the original persons turn.
Killer Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
Espoir

Default Re: Transferral Potion question

yeah that's what I figured, thanks.
Espoir is offline   Reply With Quote