Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 02:26 AM   #221
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Car Wars Sixth Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam_bucky View Post
Will turrets feature in this version of car wars? Or was it conscious decision to not have them to make manoeuvring more important? My old car wars gamer group wanted to know.

Man...can't wait for the Kickstarter. Already designing arena scenarios based on what I have seen...
There are no turrets in the core game. We've kept the majority of the complexity out of the core box. The expansions have some of the stuff that's a little outside of the basic "move and blast."

The Uncle Albert's bonus on Black Friday, I suspect, will prove to be very popular with a lot of players.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #222
TurboCooler

Just catching up with the news on Car Wars. Just signed up to be notified. Glad I have all day to pledge for the day one pledge as some of us are working on Black Friday.
  • Going from HO to Matchbox size is great!
  • Keeping the cars gray so we can paint them is an excellent idea IMHO
  • I am all for the streamlined rules as I do not have the time I once had to play the classic Car Wars.
  • So far the mats look great, just hoping that you do not need to purchase a specific mat just to get the rules.
  • I hope the cards are readable. The first edition of Car Wars I played was back in 1984. I am old and my eyes are not what they used to be so hoping the fonts are at least readable.
  • Same with the dice, I am color blind and hope they are color blind friendly

Just a suggestion, so that more people know about Autoduel going to Steam in March 2020, would be great to have that as an add-on and allow maybe backers to get early access to the Steam game.

Finally, is there any RPG aspect to the game? As you win matches you get credits that allow you to upgrade your car in some unique way for the next game?
Old 11-15-2019, 02:54 AM   #223
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboCooler View Post
Finally, is there any RPG aspect to the game? As you win matches you get credits that allow you to upgrade your car in some unique way for the next game?
Not in the core game. The box is dedicated to getting cars onto the table and blasting away at each other. Expansions are where we'll play with other stuff.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:55 AM   #224
philreed
I do stuff and things.

* Autoduel Weekly: Updated Playmats - http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/N...dated_Playmats
Old 11-15-2019, 05:37 AM   #225
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Next week: Announcing the pre-campaign stretch goals. More info here: https://www.facebook.com/sjgames/pos...57548867801007
Old 11-15-2019, 07:14 AM   #226
PresidentTwoeagles

Oh man, "Autoduel" is being remade? I remember using a hex edit hack on my Apple II version to get virtually unlimited money and still having a hard time with it. I'm looking forward to seeing what they put together.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:44 AM   #227
NORJustice

I love the playmats, but they made me wonder, are there rules in the game about the type of terrain you are on? Does being off of pavement add difficulty to turns or anything like that?
Old 11-15-2019, 10:06 AM   #228
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORJustice View Post
I love the playmats, but they made me wonder, are there rules in the game about the type of terrain you are on? Does being off of pavement add difficulty to turns or anything like that?
There are terrain rules, yes.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:43 PM   #229
Magesmiley

Out of curiosity what do the various backer levels look like? I'm a bit curious what the top end ones look like in particular.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Old 11-16-2019, 03:10 AM   #230
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magesmiley View Post
Out of curiosity what do the various backer levels look like? I'm a bit curious what the top end ones look like in particular.
This September 15th post is not 100% accurate, but it does give a ballpark. We've adjusted things since then as more costing information has come in.

http://www.sjgames.com/ill/archive/S...h_Edition_Cost
Closed Thread