Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #341
Refplace

Default Re: Game Geekery - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Howdy, Folks,

Since there seem to be so many gamers looking to move their games online recently, I took a little break to write a post giving an overview of some ways to do it, actual play videos, tons of links to get started, that sort of thing.

This is a great time to hop into online gaming, I hope some of this helps you make the big virtual jump!
Good post and added to my list of links.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 12:53 PM   #342
mook

Hey, all!

I'm hoping to GM an online GURPS one-shot very soon (next weekend?) using Fantasy Grounds (all you need is the free demo, and Discord for voice chat). Please see this blog post for details, but essentially it's an Old West romp based on my "Race for the Dutchman" Quick-Play Adventure.

Let's GURPS it up!
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #343
mook

Greetings, GURPSers!

I've posted a brief (10-minute) podcast with some of the things I found interesting from the GURPS Panel at this weekend's virtual FnordCon2 for those who couldn't make it. There's a general text summary as well.

I plan to do the same for the following panels/discussions soon as I can:
Friday 7pm AMA with Steve Jackson
Friday 8pm PANEL Online Tabletops

Saturday 9pm AMA with Kromm

Sunday 11am AMA with Phil Reed
Sunday 3pm AMA What’s New at SJG
Sunday 5pm AMA with Steve Jackson II
Sunday 6pm Final Wrap Up
It was great fun!
Old 04-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #344
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Greetings, GURPSers!

I've posted a brief (10-minute) podcast with some of the things I found interesting from the GURPS Panel at this weekend's virtual FnordCon2 for those who couldn't make it. There's a general text summary as well.
Note on the project tentatively titled "Secret Wars." It will be a complete game, but it probably will NOT be an actual-box "boxed set." Doing "stuff" rather than "books" is a whole 'nother level of supply chain.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 03:45 AM   #345
mook

Thanks for the clarification, Douglas! Sorry about that -- shoddy journalism or wishful thinking? :) I will include a clarification.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:36 PM   #346
mook

'Ello again,

I've posted another ~10-minute look at one of the FnordCon2 events, this time the Ask Me Anything (AMA) with Kromm.

What cosmic, earth-shattering secrets were revealed?!

Well, none really, but it was still very entertaining. Enjoy!
Old 05-25-2020, 04:42 PM   #347
mook

Default Custom GURPS Token Hex for VTTs

Howdy all,

Just a quick download today of a custom hex token I've been using with the online Token Stamp tool to make GURPS tokens for online use. It's a hexagon border, with three green sides for the Front facing, two blue sides for the Sides facing, and a red side for the Rear facing.

Enjoy!
Old 07-10-2020, 05:40 PM   #348
mook

Howdy, Folks!

Been a crazy couple months, even by 2020 standards, but today I've got some juicy stuff.

Foundry VTT is a fairly new virtual tabletop, and I am really enjoying tinkering with it and watching the GURPS community slowly grow around it. In the meantime, though, here's a quick guide to help you get set up with what's currently available (that I know of): at this point, a bare-bones (but functional) character sheet and a few rollable tables.

Enjoy! If you're already using Foundry, I hope this helps out your GURPS games. If you're not, I hope you check it out.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:50 AM   #349
mook

Heya!

If you're looking for a few more GURPS Actual Play videos, today I've got a triple treat.

A couple of months ago I GMed a GURPS Old West game for a few different groups of players, and I've got the videos posted now. Though the adventure each group went through was technically "the same," they naturally made a lot of different choices and the stories followed very different paths.

Love to get any feedback. Enjoy!
Old 11-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #350
mook

Greetings!

I've been doing a lot of exploring and tinkering with Virtual Tabletops over the past few months, so today I updated my post from earlier in the year on gaming online. A lot has changed in that short time, especially with the release of Foundry VTT which really hit the ground running, and I wanted to bring the information more up to date.

Next I'll be expanding and updating an earlier post on using Foundry VTT for GURPS. In the meantime, keep on gaming!

P.S.

For the next few days only, there are a couple of relevant Black Friday sales going on:

* Foundry VTT's one time fee is $37.50, down from the usual $50.
* Fantasy Grounds is %10 off all subscriptions.

Tags
blog, blogs