Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Jason

Default More Sophisticated Uses of Resonance

I know the errata for the Angelic Players Guide noted that some of those extended/special/sophisticated uses of resonance are slated for complete replacement, and I think there was talk around the forum or elsewhere that the desire was to have special uses that (a) didn't require tables and (b) didn't mimic other resonances or attunements too closely. I was wondering if anybody had come up with house rules or refinements that might be usable.

I feel kind of bad that I basically allow "special uses" for some Choirs and Bands*but not for others...

Seraphim & Ofanim: These require no table, and are just a broader interpretation of how the resonance works, so I use them as is.

Cherubim: I actually like the "nemesis" attunement as proposed, but I have never had a player choose to play a Cherub. The errata notes that the tables are to be examined.

Kyriotates: I kind of like the change in the errata about detecting memories better than the one that impinges on Yves' attunement, but I'm wondering if anyone uses any other alternatives. In general I think interpretations that make their dissonance condition easier to avoid are a good idea (as making someone black out for ANY length of time without explanation seems like it would automatically court dissonance).

Elohim, Malakim, & Mercurians: I forget what their more sophisticated use is and the book is in the other room. Lazy.

I forget most of the special uses of demonic resonances, but I'm curious if folks have ideas about those as well. I was always kind of uncomfortable about Habbalah still getting access to some version of the Elohite resonance, but it seems to be referenced in other books, so I'm hesitant not to allow my players access to something that's considered widely established...
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, resonance, resonances, tips