Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #191
rknop

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Heb Rhoneniel, let me know what (if anything) you say back to Erian.
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:43 AM   #192
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknop View Post
Soma and Rudy

Penny does manage a smile this time, and chuckles a little. "Always in motion, we Wheels are, and Rudy, you really show that! I guess I needed a prod to get myself moving in the direction I needed to go. I'll go with you to talk to the Committee. I've resisted checking in with them for a long time, because it's almost like... well, it's almost like admitting that I won't see Eli again, at least any time soon. But we do have to carry on, don't we?"

"They're up in Heaven, of course. I could go any time-- well, I should probably warn my friends here that I'm going to disappear for a bit, but I don't have anything big on my calendar. How about you two?"
Rudy's smile hits 60 watts as Penny agrees.

"I'm good," she says. "If I'm not seen in town for more than two or three days, some of the cops'll start looking under bridges for me, but that's about it. Heck, I was gone for a week once while a friend put out the word that I had to go help family." Her own chuckle starts. "Which was kinda true, actually."

"How 'bout you, Soma? I know you're new 'round these parts -- got any hot dates you can't miss?" She winks at the Mercurian, showing she's teasing.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:44 AM   #193
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"How 'bout you, Soma? I know you're new 'round these parts -- got any hot dates you can't miss?" She winks at the Mercurian, showing she's teasing.
"Heavens no! I haven't been in any sort of civilization in over 80 years. If anyone knows or remembers me, I will be surprised."

Penny would notice Soma's voice is very quiet and calm, something very uncharacteristic for a Friend of Man. And she is very reserved. Until she said something, Penny probably forgot she was even there, assuming she noticed Soma follow them. Again, something not very common in Mercurians.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #194
rknop

Soma and Rudy

Penny nods. She tries to return Rudy's smile, but Soma can sense easily that she's nervous, and that she's depending on Rudy for moral support, even without resonating.

"It'll take me half an hour or so to batton down things around here. Why don't you two hit the town, and then come back. Then we'll head down to your tether to make our way into heaven... does that sound good?"

(Let me know if you want to do anything; if not, we'll assume you figured out that there probably isn't much to see in Davis, and jump forward a half hour.)
Old 12-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #195
ladyarcana55

Quote:
(Let me know if you want to do anything; if not, we'll assume you figured out that there probably isn't much to see in Davis, and jump forward a half hour.)
(All points considered, Soma would look around since she hasn't been in any town for a long time. But she wouldn't get anything and other than looking around there would be nothing of interest to her. So yeah, we can jum ahead thirty minutes)
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #196
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Soma and Rudy

Penny nods. She tries to return Rudy's smile, but Soma can sense easily that she's nervous, and that she's depending on Rudy for moral support, even without resonating.

"It'll take me half an hour or so to batton down things around here. Why don't you two hit the town, and then come back. Then we'll head down to your tether to make our way into heaven... does that sound good?"

"Sounds fine by me, Penny," Rudy says. She gives her old friend a big, warm hug, then heads out with Soma to wander the streets of the small town. If anything catches her eye, she'll check it out; otherwise, she comes back to the small workshop right on time.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #197
Acolyte

Heb Rhoneniel returns to his phone conversation. "I believe we will be meeting by boat, on Catalina Island. However I must check with someone else first. I will ring you again in a short while. Peace be with you."

After Erian says his goodbye, Heb Rhoneniel clumsily ends the call and rather unnecessarily announces, "I'm going to call Jim Davies now."

He then takes what probably amounts to a painstakingly horrific amount of time to locate Jim Davies' number and dial it (horrific to the Servitor of Lightning, at least).

"Jim Davies, this is...Mr. H. O'Neill," he announces himself reluctantly with the name of his Role. "I was wondering if it would be possible for myself and a few of my friends to take a ride on your boat down to Catalina Island, and if so, how long it would take. I am of course on assignment from the one you frustratingly insist on calling 'The Big Cheese,' but if your business is more pressing, we can take an alternate route."
Old 07-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #198
rknop

The Story so Far:

In Heaven, Dominic has made it clear that he's going to be stepping up his investigation of Eli, who effectively went AWOL several decades ago. Nobody really knows what Eli's up to, but his Cathedral is abandoned, and most (though not all) of his servitors have been assigned to be "in service" to another Superior. Dominic fears that Eli is guilty of heresy, or is otherwise in trouble. Many rumors aboud about Eli; some say he's working on a secret project that will take time to finish, others think that he's cruising for a fall, others think he's just deicded to check out and have a good time.

Novalis, Zadkiel, and Jordi, worried about their friend Eli, have decided that they need to put together a team of trusted servitors to figure out what Eli really is doing. They are understandably nervous about the approach that Domonic and his Inquisition will take with Eli, and want a more caring hand to make contact with him, or at least figure out what is going on with Eli. To this end, they have called together five exceptional 11-force Angels, introduced them to each other, and asked them to figure out what is up with Eli. They're leaving the methods up to this trusted team, although because of the attention of the Inquisiton, and because of the understandable paranoia of the Creationers, they have recommended circumspection. The five angels are

Heb Rhoneniel (H. O'Neill) [Acolyte]
Seraph Vassal of Animals

Jedidah-Bezek (Bazil Jesek, Baz) [Dalillama]
Mercurian Vassal of Lightning in service to Networks

Nechama (Naomi Ann Jones) [Andygal]
Mercurian Vassal of Protection

Rhoda (Rudy Blumenkranz) [Rocket Man]
Ofanite Vassal of Flowers

Somasti: [ladyarcana55]
Mercurian Vassal of Flowers

The five angels with the superiors at Novalis' tether in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, and speaking with a few other angels (including Euodias, a Bright Lilim who was Redeemed recently by Eli before being dropped off at this tether). Discussing amonst themselves, they all have some friends or at least acquaintances who are servitors of Creation. Initially, they decided to track down two leads.

Soma and Rudy (and Soma's reliever servant in the form of a bird) rode on Rudy's bike up to Davis to meet a friend of Rudy's, an Ofanite of Creation named Penny. Penny and Rudy are old friends, although they haven't seen each other in a while. Talking to them Penny revealed that it had been a couple of years since she saw Eli, and she seemed to be taking the situation fairly hard, and feeling pretty cut off and lonely. She said she would every so often get probing questions from Triads. She says she's keeping the faith, and supposes that's all she should expect to do, but she's worried. She also indicated that she should check in with The Committee, but has been hesitant to do so. Rudy offered to go with Penny if she wished to go speak with the Committee. They decided that the three of them at least would travel to Heaven together, to provide Penny some moral support. It's not clear if they will go with Penny to talk to the Committee right away; that remains to be decided amongst them.

Heb Rhoneniel, Baz, and Naomi decided to follow up on a lead that Heb rhoneniel had. He knows Erian, an Elohite of Creation who lives in Los Angeles. The angels are understandably hesitant to go and spend time in the demonically controlled LA, but they deicded to phone Erian to see if he could shed any light on their mission. Erian said he'd been meaning to call Heb Rhoneniel, for there was something going on on the ocean floor near Catalina Island (in the Pacific off of Long Beach) that he wanted Heb Rhoneniel's opinion on. The three angels decided that they would contact Heb Rhoneniel's friend Jim Davies, and see if they could borrow his boat and make the trip down to Avalon on Catalina island, where they would meet Erian. As we left them, Heb Rhoneniel had just phoned Jim Davies to ask him if this would work.

(You guys may want to skim or reread some of this forum, or at least the last several posts of it. It's not too long. However, hopefully this summary will get us back up to speed!)
Old 07-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #199
rknop

Soma and Rudy

Nothing catches Rudy's eye during the half-hour while she wanders the streets of Davis. She comes back to Penny's shop, finding Penny a bit cleaned up and in a new outfit.

The three of you are ready to go. How do you want to Ascend? Find a Tether? Try to do it directly?
Old 07-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #200
rknop

Heb Rhoneniel, Baz, and Naomi

Jim Davies responds, "Ah, well, if the Big Cheese calls, I answer. It turns out that I'm already up near your neck of the woods-- not to far, anyway. I'm currently in Montery Bay. Any chance you can meet me there, so we can head directly south on the boat?"

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp