Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #151
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

"Hmmm." Rudy closes her eyes and paces, as though trying to feel the way ahead.

"Davis is closest, of course," she says. "But Penny might wonder if a whole herd of us dropped in on her from out of the blue. We'd probably better keep that trip small."

"L.A. ... close physically, but farthest spiritually. Again, if we went there, we'd want to keep the group small and unremarkable. The phone's a good idea, but in that town, it's hard to tell who else may be listening. It might be better to do a quick in-and-out -- REAL quick."

"New Orleans ... could be the easiest for a large group to move around in; even after this long, I'd bet there's still a lot of mortals and celestials coming in and out of the city to help rebuild. Visiting a Tether would draw some attention; we'd need a good excuse."

"London and Berlin ... if you can think of a good excuse for a conference call, maybe. We've got a lot of resonances we'll be training on one individual. Otherwise, we'd best do those in one swing ... the group can be whatever size fits the situation and right now, you guys know what that is better than I do."

"South America ... probably the longest, hardest trip of all, if also the most spiritually renewing." She grins. "Well, for a Flowerchild, anyway. Whoever went there would be completely out of touch and it would take either Soma's experience or my inner sense to keep ourselves on track ... maybe HR's connection to nature, too. That Malakite might be a valuable contact -- that place is Creation in one of its most beautiful senses -- but we might be best off seeing what we can find in easier-to-get-to places first. Also, there's the question of how that Virtue would react to a horde of curious angels ... "

"Soma, honey, is he as quiet as you? I don't mean to offend, just asking. "

EDIT: She looks up at Baz's comment. "If he's fine with a remote call, that'd be perfect," she says to him. "And yeah, it'd be a lot nicer to get HR's guy from LA up here instead of the other way around ... it just depends on how easy it is for him."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 09-16-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #152
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
"Soma, honey, is he as quiet as you? I don't mean to offend, just asking."
Soma laughs

"Oh, no offense taken at all! I must apologize for my silent nature, it was something I picked up from Malakar. As for Dhargen he is definitely not a quiet person. He loves to talk and laugh. But when he is on a mission, then he only speaks when he needs to. He is in Rio, not exactly sure where, but I can track him down given a bit of time."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #153
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Soma laughs

"Oh, no offense taken at all! I must apologize for my silent nature, it was something I picked up from Malakar. As for Dhargen he is definitely not a quiet person. He loves to talk and laugh. But when he is on a mission, then he only speaks when he needs to. He is in Rio, not exactly sure where, but I can track him down given a bit of time."
Rudy smiles to hear Soma laugh. "Not quite as bad as I thought, then. Good."

"And I'll throw one more question in here -- how many of you can drive? I can fake it pretty well, but I'm best with my old pal here," she says, patting the bicycle seat. "If we end up going on a big road trip, it might be best with someone else behind the wheel and me calling out directions" Her grin becomes oddly shark-like. "So long as you don't slow us down by asking 'Are you sure?" every few blocks, that is."

"Of course, if you WANT me driving ..." her grin goes even wider ... "well, no Wheel alive ever turned down a need for speed."

Old 09-16-2009, 10:54 PM   #154
Dalillama

Quote:
"
"London and Berlin ... if you can think of a good excuse for a conference call, maybe. We've got a lot of resonances we'll be training on one individual. Otherwise, we'd best do those in one swing ... the group can be whatever size fits the situation and right now, you guys know what that is better than I do."
"
"Chas has got a camera, and we can absolutely arrange for a direct connection when we need to. It's not quite like being there in person, but it's the next best thing. I can almost certainly hook us up for a conference call with London too, if I know who I'm trying to get in touch with. I may or may not be able to arrange video, I'll have to see what's available at the other end, but I can set it up so we can all talk, no problem." BAz becomes visibly animated as he goes on, and visibily stops himself as Rudy asks her final question. "I hardly pretend that I'm a Wheel, but I can stay on the road and avoid putting myself into Trauma."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #155
Andygal

"I don't drive myself, it's not necessary in London, what with the Tube - the London Underground, sorry - going to within walking distance of most anywhere you need to go within the city limits."

(OOC: Yes I've been to London and was quite enamoured of the Underground system!)
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #156
ladyarcana55

Soma shakes her head

"I'm afraid not. I prefer to walk and in the areas I prefer to be in, walking is much easier and preferred."
Old 09-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #157
Acolyte

"I am not familiar with driving either, although I can operate most small naval craft, either sail- or engine-powered." Heb Rhoneniel sits back and thinks. "And I do not believe I would have any more success than Nechama navigating South America's interior. Even the rivers would be unfamiliar to me, but I am skilled at communicating with almost all of the Earth's animals, humanity being a notable exception." He taps his finger to his chin. "I agree with the circuit Rhoda suggested. I would not generally presume to reroute a Wheel on her duty, but that path makes the most sense to me."

"I can call Erian and see if he would be willing to come up here. We have not collaborated in awhile and it would be pleasant to jam with him again. I would strongly prefer to avoid Los Angeles altogether, even on a mission of speed." That Heb Rhoneniel isn't exactly built for speed is obvious, though unmentioned.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:52 PM   #158
Rocket Man

"Sounds like a plan, then," Rudy says, pulling her bike upright and swinging her leg over the frame. "And remember, guys, we're not just trying to find him ... we're also trying to figure out what he's up to. That's going to be the hard part."

She adjusts her helmet, then looks at Soma and Avaria, face glowing. "You guys ready? Ring of Fire Travel Agency is now boarding."

Old 09-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #159
ladyarcana55

Quote:
She adjusts her helmet, then looks at Soma and Avaria, face glowing. "You guys ready? Ring of Fire Travel Agency is now boarding."
Soma smiles

"Where should I sit?"
Old 09-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #160
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Soma smiles

"Where should I sit?"
"Just go ahead and crowd up behind me on the seat, you won't be in the way." She winks. "Unless you don't mind a two-hour bicycle ride on the handlebars, that is."

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp