Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
dataweaver

Default Re: Cyberpunk Superheroes Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Eclectic View Post
I think he wants to get away from being the techie altogether. He mentioned something about doing a more offensive gun-centric type of character, like a bullet-wizard guy with super-high perception and ETS or something like that.
Do you have Gun Fu? Given that this is in part a Supers game, you might want to consider giving him the Future Kill Style — possibly as a Wildcard Skill (p.25).
Old 07-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
Major_Eclectic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
Do you have Gun Fu? Given that this is in part a Supers game, you might want to consider giving him the Future Kill Style — possibly as a Wildcard Skill (p.25).

Yup, I have that and Tactical shooting, which I use much more frequently. But you're right, given the source material Future Kill would be entirely appropriate.
Major_Eclectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #23
Major_Eclectic

So thinking about how I want the basic story to progress I think I'm going to have the first little story arc just about them trying to establish themselves in a hideout and hitting them over the head with how messed up the authorities are. When they commit themselves to fighting the man I'll work out someway to hook them up with one of the few semi-organized resistance cells.

So the players will have a hard time being accepted at all because they've spent the last two years basically being unwitting pawns for the powers-that-be, the only reason they aren't attacked on sight is because their leader is another one of the early prototype super-agents who has ties to the good doctor, who I've decided to name Dr. Alexander Pressfield. Anyways, this freedom fighter leader knows about the players being freed from the indoctrination, but engineering their escape tipped off the bad guy, Professor Van Hausen, that he is a traitor and they have him locked up in another supers research lab in downtown New York City. In order to earn the trust of the freedom fighters, the players will have to try to infiltrate the lab and rescue Dr. Pressfield.

Little do they know that the lab is extremely dangerous, the need to maintain secrecy has meant that several vital safety and containment procedures have been overlooked. Any kind of accident or explosions in the lab could cause the release of dangerous contaminants into the surrounding neighborhoods...
Major_Eclectic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, cyberpunk, powers, superheroes, ultra-tech