Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
newcarwarsplayer

Default Are there plans to rerelease the Ogre Miniatures Rulebook or Lite rules?

Are there any plans to rerelease the Ogre miniatures rulebook? The original is out of print. I know you can get the digital version but it would be nice to have a copy of the hardcover.

Also, the lite rules seem to be missing some crucial info - specifically how many points the ogres themselves cost. This seems kinda crucial but was somehow omitted from a few different versions of the Ogre Miniatures Lite rules.
newcarwarsplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
ColBosch

Default Re: Are there plans to rerelease the Ogre Miniatures Rulebook or Lite rules?

SJ Games has previously stated that there is a second edition of Ogre Miniatures being worked on.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Default Re: Are there plans to rerelease the Ogre Miniatures Rulebook or Lite rules?

Yes, it's being worked on, and is pretty far along. The next step is to take photos of those beautiful miniatures that Ben painted.

Your next question is about the release date, but the book won't go onto the schedule until we get good photos. Really fine miniature photography is nontrivial even with modern equipment, and if we can't do justice to Ben's work ourselves we will have to hire a photographer.

As to the point about Lite, hmm, tomorrow I will check the latest version.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:33 AM   #4
newcarwarsplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
As to the point about Lite, hmm, tomorrow I will check the latest version.
Thanks Steve, I'm looking forward to it!

As for the point about Lite, here's the tread that I started where I asked about this issue. I was surprised that the cost of the Mark III and Mark V aren't listed in the lastest version of the lite rules. I looked at an older version as well, and the cost was also not there. I'm a bit surprised because these figures are kinda crucial to playing the game.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2018, 11:20 PM   #5
J. Durr

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcarwarsplayer View Post
petition to wordfilter every instance of "thread" in Ogre subforum to "tread"
J. Durr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:42 AM   #6
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Durr View Post
petition to wordfilter every instance of "thread" in Ogre subforum to "tread"
Don't post spelling corrections, even if you think you're being funny, unless you are truly uncertain about the meaning of someone's post.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:32 AM   #7
newcarwarsplayer

On an unrelated note... I just realized that I probably just passed my 20th anniversary since I started playing gurps (late 90s). And the fact that I can post a question and get a answer straight from Steve Jackson and Andrew Hackard probably guarantees that I'll still be playing SJ games as we're getting ready to celebrate 2040...

On another unrelated note... I just grabbed a copy of "The Awful Green Things from Outer Space" (green pocket box edition) and I'm looking forward to getting a game in soon!
Old 01-12-2018, 01:01 PM   #8
Steve Jackson
President and EIC

Confirm (of course, you knew it) that that information is not on there. Time for a fix. Thank you.
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 08:27 PM   #9
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
Confirm (of course, you knew it) that that information is not on there. Time for a fix. Thank you.
On it.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 PM   #10
CON_Troll

What other game company would respond to errata THIS FAST, get it fixed AND let everyone know about it right in the forums?

Not many that I can think of...

Which is why SJG is still around 40 years later when so many other game companies have come and gone...