Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #71
LemmingLord

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
The taxi cab driver is interested. "Are you all superheroes?" he asks.
"She's the superhero... we're... sidekicks of sorts... "
Old 04-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #72
zoncxs

Quote:
The taxi cab driver is interested. "Are you all superheroes?" he asks.
"well, I really haven't done any heroics lately."
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #73
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
The amesha spenta's hands stretched out, her dark grey eyes staring at - and through - the woman. "You will take me to the naked demigod."
"Your holiness, we do not know of the naked demigod." They begin apologizing for being insufficiently knowledgeable of the gods.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #74
Michael Thayne

Darya: On thinking about it, Darya realizes that if she really used her abilities to their full extent, she might hold the world record for raw destructive power. One piece of competition might be Millennium Man, a giant robot that showed up in Japan fighting giant monsters a few years ago. Given that the robot has defeated monsters even larger than itself, it must be amazingly strong. On the other hand, she once saw a video someone had captured of it fighting one of those monsters, and it was pretty clear Millennium Man lacks Darya's acceleration; it took several seconds of building up speed before slamming into the monster fist-first.

Some of the best candidates for human weapons of mass destruction are probably products of Soviet super-soldier programs. Like the weather-controlling villains she and her father fought. Or (Darya shudders to think of it) Poxbringer, a monster Darya is lucky to know only through her father's stories.

There don't seem to be any American supers like that... unless they've just been better at hiding. The universally-loved Silver (Silvers? there's speculation about several individuals having shared that identity), who Darya has met a few times, has never killed a human being in fifty years of operation, but did once make very short work of some mad scientist's giant robot that had escaped. It only took two energy blasts from his eyes, if Darya remembers correctly.

Danilo: Danilo doesn't know of any universities in town that have an astronomical telescope.

Cee: SIA (the Super Intelligence Agency) has some physics-warping spacecraft that aren't as secret as they're supposed to be, but they're slower-than-light. No doubt somewhere there's a genius or three working on faster than light travel, though Cee doesn't know how far along they are.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:28 AM   #75
ErhnamDJ

"Majokko, what do you know about Millennium Man? It looks like I may be taking a trip to Nihon here shortly. You can translate for me, can't you?"
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:46 AM   #76
Michael Thayne

Rosie knows there's a Millennium Man manga out. She doesn't know how close it is to real life, though.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:10 AM   #77
ErhnamDJ

In the dorm...

Darya goes into her room and strips naked, then gets back to the computer. She's looking up stuff about Millenium Man on the internet, while occasionally checking up on that Nightwatch character. "Cee, will you show our guests in?" Then she brings up some information about the Russian embassy in Tokyo, including maps.

In the taxi...

Streaker gets out of the cab, then says: "I have to go." She's just about to take off running, when she thinks of something. She says to Fidelis: "Wait. You don't happen to have some Japanese Yen in that briefcase, do you?"

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 04-09-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:06 AM   #78
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
"Majokko, what do you know about Millennium Man? It looks like I may be taking a trip to Nihon here shortly. You can translate for me, can't you?"
Quote:
Rosie knows there's a Millennium Man manga out. She doesn't know how close it is to real life, though.
"Hai, I can easily translate for with having to read their minds. I know the public image about Millennium Man so I know where to start looking to. though how close that image is to reality I don't know."
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:20 AM   #79
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
In the taxi...

Streaker gets out of the cab, then says: "I have to go." She's just about to take off running, when she thinks of something. She says to Fidelis: "Wait. You don't happen to have some Japanese Yen in that briefcase, do you?"
(setting a good example)
"I do not," says Danilo/Fidelis truthfully.

(Having the coin collecting hobby I'm sure Fidelis COULD get some yen cash in this way, but he prefers not to devalue currency that is still in standard circulation as there are laws on the books against it and that would set a bad example.. Also, assuming the streaker destroys clothes she is wearing when running so fast she can get to japan in two seconds I'm guessing any money she would be carrying would also be destroyed in the process. Finally, I'm sure the gamemaster would agree that I would be rendering the very popular "struggling" disadvantage of so many of my fellow PCs if I start handing out cash to them!! )
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 AM   #80
ErhnamDJ

She smiles. "Dinero Americano, amigo?"

Tags
weird supers