Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #51
Michael Thayne

Default Re: [IC] The Streaker Fan Club (Weird Supers)

Oh, and about this time, Danilo gets a text from his SIA contact saying, "No hoax. Stand by for further instructions."
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #52
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Assuming by this time she has all the members of the group she know 'online' she passes on:

"Hey the news just pointed out there 12 really big items in orbit that they can't account for"
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #53
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Assuming by this time she has all the members of the group she know 'online' she passes on:

"Hey the news just pointed out there 12 really big items in orbit that they can't account for"
(this is all mental notes to us I assume, I kinda forgot who has what powers :D)

upon 'hearing' the news about the aliens Mythos begins pacing back and forth.

So its not a hoax? today seems to be another full plate for us. since aliens are out of my league a little I would like to head to the shootings that seems to have dropped to the background in all this, it might even be connected vaguely.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 PM   #54
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
(this is all mental notes to us I assume, I kinda forgot who has what powers :D)

upon 'hearing' the news about the aliens Mythos begins pacing back and forth.

So its not a hoax? today seems to be another full plate for us. since aliens are out of my league a little I would like to head to the shootings that seems to have dropped to the background in all this, it might even be connected vaguely.
(yes mental notes, Rosie is relaying to everone any speech you are preverbalizing due to the universal modifier you will be 'hearing' the relaying in the language you think in, but the tought will be tagged with your mental label of 'the speaker' so you will know who saying what, thing of it of like a chat room in your mind but you set eveyone's avatars that only you see rather than everyone setting thier on avater that everone else see.) While Rosie probably will get any stray thought in your 'public mind' she not relying them only stuff that you think about saying... she also not deep reading one, a couple of you could probably stop her from doing so if you wanted anyway.

Rosie has only brought 'Striker Primer' into the chat not the dupe (as thing do get harder the more she fills the 'room')

Note her traslation abiliter doesn't work for anyone she not reading so hearing so if she heard chinese on TV she has no clue what being said, even though she can hold a conversation via telepathy with a someone thinking in chinese. as she her self only actuality knows english and japanese)

Rosie men tally to group: "Unless you know of anyone on earth you can secretly get objects into orbit the is bigger than a mile in size... [swear word representing frustration in preferred language] This is starting to sound like that V about Aliens showing up and making a big public show saying one thing while having there secret spies kill off the people that know what really going on before hand."

(OCC: Our GM pointed out he not seen the V remake)
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #55
LemmingLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
Rosie men tally to group: "Unless you know of anyone on earth you can secretly get objects into orbit the is bigger than a mile in size... [swear word representing frustration in preferred language] This is starting to sound like that V about Aliens showing up and making a big public show saying one thing while having there secret spies kill off the people that know what really going on before hand."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Oh, and about this time, Danilo gets a text from his SIA contact saying, "No hoax. Stand by for further instructions."
Danilo responds 'standing by' and carefully deletes the stored texts.

Assuming we have met up with Golden Dragon by now, Danilo opens the door for Golden Dragon to the taxi passenger seat (this so the guest of honor doesn't have to be cramped with her naked body pressed against anyone awkwardly).

"Streaks, what made you say that you thought this was a hoax earlier? You sounded like you had a reliable source for that information so I don't want to discount it. Maybe whatever data you have will help us figure out who this federation really is... and what to do next...

We could throw out some ideas of the possibilities..."

(see ooc thread)
Old 04-07-2012, 08:36 AM   #56
zoncxs

getting into the cab mythos gives a friendly hand wave and says "ello all". sits down and stares outside of the window while listening to what the others say.
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #57
Lamech

To the mind hub If they can put 12 huge objects in orbit, or even just fake it somehow I assume they don't need to hack the communication satellites. Unfortunately, these guys are not being level with us. According to the information I drew from my blessing there is no Galactic Federation. At least no galaxy wide empire or anything similar.
Also of note, we've had nukes for nearly 70 years, not 50. Even H-bombs we've had for closer to 60 years.

I say out loud to Dary So it appears massive spaceships have appeared in orbit. Which sort of means this isn't a hoax. Or at least its a good enough hoax that they don't need to hack any satellites. So what do you say to everyone physically meeting up?
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #58
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
I say out loud to Dary So it appears massive spaceships have appeared in orbit. Which sort of means this isn't a hoax. Or at least its a good enough hoax that they don't need to hack any satellites. So what do you say to everyone physically meeting up?
"We can do that," she says. "Want me to bring everyone else here?"
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:18 PM   #59
Lamech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
"We can do that," she says. "Want me to bring everyone else here?"
That would work.
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 04-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:26 AM   #60
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
The angel moved towards them at a slow pace, her unblinking eyes examining each one in turn. "Be at peace, for fire still burns in this place," she said, in richly accented English. The words hung in the air, the crackle of the dancing flames punctuating them. "I am Ameretat. I am she who planted the seed of the world. I am she who served at the right hand of Ahura Mazda. Now you must serve, so that what the prophet wrote might be fulfilled. So it is written: doing good to others is not a duty, but a joy. I will bring you joy, for now I ask that you do good for me."
The women bow deeply. The older woman repeats her name, "Ameretat..." then gives a long pause before asking, "What is it you ask of us?"
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weird supers