Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #101
KS Pathfinder

Default Re: [IC] Worlds of Fire

Mark-315 ponders to himself and replies: “I agree. Avoiding grand theft auto would be most preferable.” *Pauses and glances curiously at Seann* “Somehow I think I’ll pass on trying out the Middle Ages, anyone there would undoubtedly call Serena and I demons and worse. They’d probably even try and burn us at the stake.”

Serena interjects wittily, her voice once again emanating from thin air: “Pretty ironic since we’re the ones trying to find information on demons don’t you think?”
KS Pathfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #102
Dorin Thorha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
"I'm trying to work out what you want getting angry like this with me," Guy replies, trying to look a bit hurt and failing (though not by much). "Who exactly are you talking about here?"

[OOC: the faint glow in Guy's eyes and a vague feeling in Indigo's chest were the only sign that anything was happening beyond him pushing Indigo back a step.]
Indi draws himself up to his full height and clenches his fists. "Don't try and shove me around, son. What do you mean who am I talking about? Do you have a list of girls whose hearts you've broken? If you've got anything to say for yourself you'd better say it!"
Old 11-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #103
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
Indi draws himself up to his full height and clenches his fists. "Don't try and shove me around, son. What do you mean who am I talking about? Do you have a list of girls whose hearts you've broken? If you've got anything to say for yourself you'd better say it!"
Hoping that Guy's sufficiently distracted, Gabrielle steps up to Sara and pops her Suggestion (contested: skill 14, -1 per yard, vs Sara's Will) to send the simple mental command "Let's get out of here". (On a tie or loss, Sara can detect coercion coming from Gabrielle if she makes a Per roll at +3, though she may not realise just what this might signify.)

[I roll 8.]
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #104
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorin Thorha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
Hoping that Guy's sufficiently distracted, Gabrielle steps up to Sara and pops her Suggestion (contested: skill 14, -1 per yard, vs Sara's Will) to send the simple mental command "Let's get out of here". (On a tie or loss, Sara can detect coercion coming from Gabrielle if she makes a Per roll at +3, though she may not realise just what this might signify.)

[I roll 8.]
Guy shrugs, apparently not intimidated by Indigo Joe. "Most girls don't try to run away from me," he objects. "I don't have a list of girls that I've broken the hearts of, but I could give you a good list of the ones who came back."

He notices Sara pulling away from him, again, definitely not towards Indi, but still away from Guy. "Hey, you want to go? I don't blame you; I don't want to hang around this jerk either. You head off and..." He smiles. "If you want me, you know where to find me."

Sara takes a couple of hesitant steps away from him, as if knowing that she ought to leave but still... Something is calling her back. As Guy turns his attention back to Indigo though, she turns and leaves, slowly, in the direction of the college.

"Now, let's have this once and for all," Guy says to Indi. "Who exactly are you trying to tell me that I've upset?"

[I need a Shadowing roll for Douglas and Gabrielle.]
Old 11-04-2010, 06:55 AM   #105
RogerBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
[I need a Shadowing roll for Douglas and Gabrielle.]
[Oh dear. Looking for a 7.

Roll a 6.

Hoping to be a friendly face in the crowd and start a conversation, if the opportunity arises.

Meanwhile I'll try a Telereceive - again, opposed by will, skill 14 and -1 per yard, roll of 8.]
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 AM   #106
ErhnamDJ

Douglas puts his head down, so his beard kind of blends into his duster. And every time the girl looks around, he swerves, trying to keep from being noticed.

Shadowing, 9 (3d6=9)

Last edited by ErhnamDJ; 11-04-2010 at 07:14 AM.
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:37 PM   #107
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
[Oh dear. Looking for a 7.

Roll a 6.

Hoping to be a friendly face in the crowd and start a conversation, if the opportunity arises.

Meanwhile I'll try a Telereceive - again, opposed by will, skill 14 and -1 per yard, roll of 8.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDJ View Post
Douglas puts his head down, so his beard kind of blends into his duster. And every time the girl looks around, he swerves, trying to keep from being noticed.

Shadowing, 9 (3d6=9)
Guy doesn't appear to notice either Douglas or Gabrielle as they pass him in pursuit of Sara.

Assuming that the Telereceive was aimed at Sara (please specify these things in future):

Despite the thought "let's get out of here" rattling round in her head, Sara is still thinking about going back to Guy. She knows where to look for him: the impression is vague, but it's the room where (the symbolism and iconography get a bit confused here) he pleased/ hurt her, made her feel good/ bad. There's nothing more beyond a confused jumble though.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 PM   #108
KS Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Pathfinder View Post
Serena interjects wittily, her voice once again emanating from thin air: “Pretty ironic since we’re the ones trying to find information on demons don’t you think?”
Mark-315<Aloud>: “Ironic indeed. Well, I guess making our way on foot to the nearest internet cafe is our best option at the moment. Once there we can get on with the primary task of researching demons and then maybe have Serena work some of her digital magic and acquire us a means of transportation.” *Ponders before adding* “Perhaps a rental car or van; on the plus side with the van we’d be able to store our additional belongings without the need to carry them around ourselves.”
Old 11-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #109
Talosian

Quote:
“I agree. Avoiding grand theft auto would be most preferable.”

“Somehow I think I’ll pass on trying out the Middle Ages, anyone there would undoubtedly call Serena and I demons and worse. They’d probably even try and burn us at the stake.”

"A good call. They're rather fond of burning people." Seann chuckles, "Ironic, but they'd probably burn you for that too." (Looking up demons, not irony.)

Quote:

“Ironic indeed. Well, I guess making our way on foot to the nearest internet cafe is our best option at the moment. Once there we can get on with the primary task of researching demons and then maybe have Serena work some of her digital magic and acquire us a means of transportation.”

“Perhaps a rental car or van; on the plus side with the van we’d be able to store our additional belongings without the need to carry them around ourselves.”
"I agree, and a van would be excellent, though I am not quite clear on how you intend to acquire one."
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM   #110
KS Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
"I agree, and a van would be excellent, though I am not quite clear on how you intend to acquire one."
Mark-315 glances at Seann and the tiniest hint of a smile creases the corner of his mouth and he replies: “Foreman did leave us the details of a vehicle rental agency just up the road from our initial RV point. Once we’re at the nearest internet cafe we could get Serena to create some fake, but for all intents and purposes, completely authentic ID’s and personal details for us and we can rent out a van under those details.”

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire