Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 12-16-2007, 09:44 AM   #51
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Martial Arts data file available for download

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taellosse
The "Aggressive Parry [skill]" technique from the MA data file doesn't seem to be quite working correctly.
As far as I can tell, this is working just fine. Try rebooting, and if it still doesn't work try re-applying the Program Patch.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #52
Taellosse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith
As far as I can tell, this is working just fine. Try rebooting, and if it still doesn't work try re-applying the Program Patch.
I have found my problem--I didn't have the current data file. The data file update posted on the official update page does not yet include the newest data files, apparently, and I hadn't manually downloaded the newest version (mine was from the beginning of November). Once I did, it was ok.

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
-Jeff Raskin
Taellosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #53
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taellosse
I have found my problem--I didn't have the current data file. The data file update posted on the official update page does not yet include the newest data files, apparently, and I hadn't manually downloaded the newest version (mine was from the beginning of November). Once I did, it was ok.
That could be. The Data Update was put together a month ago, and I've continued to bug hunt since then. We (or at least *I*) plan on doing another Data Update at some point soon, with or without a corresponding Program Patch, to nail down the errors found lately.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #54
JeffWilson

Just got (and read) MARTIAL ARTS this weekend. I think I've figured out how to add special techniques like "Exotic Hand Strike" and "Hammer Fist" to my Hand Weapons. Basically I'm copying the format from "Brass Knuckles" and making the techniques equipment with $0 and 0lbs. However, I was wondering if there's an easier way to do this, possibly by modifying the techniques (skills) themselves?

Additionally, if there is a way to do this, would it be possible to update the BASIC and MARTIAL ARTS gdf's so that adding a technique adds the combat information?
Old 01-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #55
ericbsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWilson
However, I was wondering if there's an easier way to do this, possibly by modifying the techniques (skills) themselves?
Any trait can be added to the weapons tables simply by adding the requisite tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffWilson
Additionally, if there is a way to do this, would it be possible to update the BASIC and MARTIAL ARTS gdf's so that adding a technique adds the combat information?
I'd like to, but haven't had much time for working on GCA lately. If you can give me a list of the techniques that need combat table listings that'd be useful. If you could sit down and write up a "weapons table" listing for those techniques it would allow me to do so even faster. Actually, a "weapons table" for the combat techniques would be exceedingly useful in it's own right - it would make a good freebie on e23.
Kaboom-baya.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #56
JeffWilson

Quote:
Any trait can be added to the weapons tables simply by adding the requisite tags.
That makes things easy.

Quote:
If you can give me a list of the techniques that need combat table listings that'd be useful. If you could sit down and write up a "weapons table" listing for those techniques it would allow me to do so even faster. Actually, a "weapons table" for the combat techniques would be exceedingly useful in it's own right - it would make a good freebie on e23.
I'll write up a combat table and put together the information to be added to the gdf. (No idea how long that will take at this point.) Should I post the information, links to it, or contact you privately when I'm done?