Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 07-21-2020, 05:38 AM   #1
L.J.Steele

Default Red Markets?

I am finally getting to this holiday gift -- a tome of zombie apocalypse setting with an economics focus. I could have done with splitting the book into the rules and the hundred or so pages of game fiction. Yes, the fiction sets a tone, but I rarely want to run a setting out of the box.

The rules -- its interesting. The game is consciously about the economics of PCs on the brink of starvation fighting to build enough of a nest egg to retire to relatively safety and prosperity. Among other things, it has a negotiation mechanic that looks interesting for haggling and setting up what PCs will get paid for a job from the Mr. Johnson.

Anyone tried it?
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 07:58 AM   #2
whswhs

Default Re: Red Markets?

The economics sounds really interesting but I'm afraid the zombie world doesn't speak to me.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #3
L.J.Steele

Default Re: Red Markets?

I suspect the economics model could be extracted for any on-the-edge gaming. I'm thinking Firefly as an example.

[Edit]

Picked up the Quickstart pdf on Drive Thru (suggested price $2). It describes the negotiation mechanic and some of the other economic rules with relatively little setting fluff. Am continuing to ponder adapting it to other settings.

Last edited by L.J.Steele; 07-22-2020 at 04:32 PM.
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote