Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 10-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #21
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Announcing Munchkin Treasure Hunt

Thanks for the feedback on the numbers. We'll see what we can do about that when it comes time to reprint the game (crossing fingers!).

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:54 PM   #22
offsides

Seconding (thirding?) the comment on the typeface. The '+1' looks an awful lot like a '+4' at first glance. Other than that, it's a TON of fun, and my daughter was very disappointed we didn't get to play again right away when we finished our first full game.
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #23
darthbaldy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I appreciate all the good feedback. It's great to hear that people are enjoying Munchkin Treasure Hunt. (Quote from a game I played last week: "Is it wrong that I'm 31 years old and *I* want this game?")
um...its tempting for my dice collection...also, i'm 35...
darthbaldy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 03:07 PM   #24
UncleBob

In spite of the fact that I have no kids, I'd been keeping an eye at local TRUs via their online inventory. I wasn't 100% sure I wanted to get this, so I wanted to check it out in person.

Well, I happened to look last night and one of the two TRUs had it in stock. And it was in the town where my wife was staying overnight.

So, I broke down, placed an online in-store pick-up order and asked her to swing by and pick it up for me (she's the best!)

Has anyone sleeved their cards? Seems like Mayday's 45x65 "Mini-Euro Sleeves" would be the way to go. Now, to track down a copy of that Nightmare promo card. :D

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 03-15-2015 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary knock at kids.
UncleBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:39 PM   #25
UncleBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBob View Post
Has anyone sleeved their cards? Seems like Mayday's 45x65 "Mini-Euro Sleeves" would be the way to go. Now, to track down a copy of that Nightmare promo card. :D
Dunno why I typed 45x65 - they're 45x68.
https://maydaygames.com/mini-euro-card-sleeves.html

Got mine in today and can confirm - for anyone who wants to keep filthy hands of all shapes and sizes off their cards, the mini-euro sleeves fit perfectly.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:23 AM   #26
UncleBob

After playing the game a few times, I have a handful of observations:

A.) Agreed on the earlier post about the print being too small and the +1 looking like a +4 at a quick glance.

B.) If you flip the box insert the other direction, it creates two pockets for storing stuff instead of one. Works great for keeping the two sets of cards apart during transport.

C.) Would love some "House Rules" for more combatitive play (like, I can use my treasures to enhance your monsters.)

D.) Who rolls for the Troll? Since this game is less player vs. player focused, I presume it is the player who is fighting the Troll - but with the cards that affect the roll of the die, it does make a bit of a difference.

E.) One observation - I feel that Permanent treasures should be worth more gold than the one-shots of the same strength. Since the Permanent +1 always stays with me I would always want to play it before one-shot items. If it were worth more at the end of the game, however, I'd be more inclined to weigh the options. Just a thought.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #27
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

I thought it might be fun to have a Wandering Monster. Or several. A bad guy that starts at low difficulty and increments through the game. It rolls (say) 1d6 and chases after the nearest player, but only on the outer loop (it won't head to the entrance).
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote