Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-31-2009, 05:27 PM   #61
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Rudy's eyes gleam. "I thought you'd never ask."

She then begins to dance around the portion of the park the angels are in -- "dance," that is, in the sense of a child's dance, with much hopping, skipping, and spinning involved. She waves at a family, scoops up a stray flower, tosses it to a little girl passing by with a mutual giggle. All the while she dances, she hums a merry tune.

Only those who know Angelic can hear the call she's weaving into the tune: "Polly ...Polly ... do you have time? Can you come here?" The nickname "Polly" in Angelic gives a suggestion of a still longer name, one that includes the senses of "Domination-of-Flowers" and "Dear-Friend-of-Mine."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 08-31-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:28 PM   #62
Acolyte

Quote:
A grin flashes through Baz's beard. "Try not to be put in a position where they will be talking to you without us. If you are pressed, I am certain that you can say 'I don't want to talk about that' with perfect Truthfulness, right?"
"That is correct, Friend of Lightning, to a point. While I have never faced a Triad of Judgment before, the rumors that reach even the deep oceans suggest the members of one will not likely be satisfied with that sparse an answer to their questions."

He gives Rudy a quizzical look, although if he notices her mocking undertone he does not show it. "Are you suggesting that I not lead this group? That would be unusual." His tone does not show offense, umbrage, pride, or anything more serious than a gentle surprise. "But you make an excellent point regarding our rather ponderous presence as a group. The basic outline I mentioned does leave room for some or indeed all of us to avoid contact with the target."

He looks back and forth from her to Naomi, then to Baz. "Actually, your flippant comment has given me an idea. We have all been speaking as though we are acting contrary to the will of God," he says, somewhat more forcefully than his usual tone but no more hurriedly, "when in fact we are working on the direct orders of our Superiors--except in Jedediah-Bezek's case, of course--on a mission of unoverestimable importance and under order of secrecy. If faced with a Triad, or indeed any other divine inquiry, we need only answer that and direct the questioner to Jordi or Zadkiel or, at last resort, Novalis."

To Naomi he adds, "Nechama, I think that is an excellent idea. Perhaps Somasti should accompany you. Between your natural abilities to reassure, you two should be able to rapidly put Euodias at ease."

Heb Rhoneniel raises an eyebrow at the capering Ofanite. Shaking his head slightly, he reaches into one of his pockets and withdraws a sleek cell phone, which he holds awkwardly, as a pacifist might hold an as-yet unexploded or de-pinned grenade.

"Jedidiah-Bezek," he says, stepping over to the Mercurian of Lightning, "possibly you could help me work this mechanical device. My human friend told me I might need it and said he had 'programmed' it with the numbers of the few friends I have in the world, but I do not know precisely how to use it."
Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #63
ladyarcana55

(OOC: Sorry this post is a little late...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Rudy laughs gently and reaches with one finger, stroking the colorful feathers tenderly. She hums as she does so in pidgin Angelic: "Hello, small one. I'm Rhoda." Since Angelic keeps no secrets, the word "Rhoda" also carries overtones of "Ofanite-of-Flowers-Vassal-to-Same" and "Name-That-Feels-More-Formal-Than-I-Am-But-Novalis-Likes-It."
Avaria revels in the attention and the love. She whistles happily and moves her body around to allow Rhoda as much access as possible.

When Rhoda introduces herself, Avaria bows a little bit and tweets as if to say "Great to meet you!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
He also hums the Angelic Tongue at the Reliever, welcoming the bird and introducing himself. The only extra bit of Truth that comes through in his voice is that his introduction notes him something more like "Heb-Beloved Rhoneniel, Seraph of Animals-and-other-things-before".
She looks at the Seraph and jumps around excitedly. She flies up and lands on his shoulder, chirping excitedly.

Soma laughs

"Avaria loves making friends and it's not often we get to find others who serve Animals. She gets so excited. I hope that's okay Heb Rhoneniel."
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #64
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
"He looks back and forth from her to Naomi, then to Baz. "Actually, your flippant comment has given me an idea. We have all been speaking as though we are acting contrary to the will of God," he says, somewhat more forcefully than his usual tone but no more hurriedly, "when in fact we are working on the direct orders of our Superiors--except in Jedediah-Bezek's case, of course--on a mission of unoverestimable importance and under order of secrecy. If faced with a Triad, or indeed any other divine inquiry, we need only answer that and direct the questioner to Jordi or Zadkiel or, at last resort, Novalis."

Heb Rhoneniel raises an eyebrow at the capering Ofanite. Shaking his head slightly, he reaches into one of his pockets and withdraws a sleek cell phone, which he holds awkwardly, as a pacifist might hold an as-yet unexploded or de-pinned grenade.

"Jedidiah-Bezek," he says, stepping over to the Mercurian of Lightning, "possibly you could help me work this mechanical device. My human friend told me I might need it and said he had 'programmed' it with the numbers of the few friends I have in the world, but I do not know precisely how to use it."
"You have made an excellent point, Heb Rhoneniel. We worriy about a Triad's inquiries because we beleive them to be working under a different set of orders than our own, but the fact remains that we are under orders, myself as much as the rest of you, and therefore cannot justly be punished for our investigations, nor for aiding Eli in whatever he may be about, barring the unlikely case that we find him to be Fallen."
He takes the phone from the other angel's hand and looks at it for a moment.
"This is a fairly simple one, I can find you a much cooler one if you want. It looks assigned each of your friends a speed dial. There's list of them here, when you want to call one of them, just press the number next to their name, and then the talk button, here, and it will dial for you. I can add my number here at the bottom if you want, then you'll be able to call me for help if I'm not around."
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #65
ladyarcana55

Soma watches in interest and curiosity

"I don't have one...do I need one? I don't know who's number I would have since most of the people I am in contact with don't have these things..."

Over Heb Rhononiel's shoulder, Avaria watches intently as well. It is obvious she is very curious as well.

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-01-2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #66
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
Soma watches in interest and curiosity

"I don't have one...do I need one? I don't know who's number I would have since most of the people I am in contact with don't have these things..."

Over Heb Rhononiel's shoulder, Avaria watches intently as well. It is obvious she is very curious as well.
"It's up to you, of course, but I find mine remarkably handy. If nothing else, you could use one to keep in touch with the rest of us, maybe. Naomi, Rudy, do you two have phones?"
Dalillama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:23 PM   #67
Andygal

"unfortunately I haven't got a mobile phone at the moment, I did have one in London but it doesn't work here. I suppose I ought to get a new one. They can be very useful to have."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:28 PM   #68
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post
"unfortunately I haven't got a mobile phone at the moment, I did have one in London but it doesn't work here. I suppose I ought to get a new one. They can be very useful to have."
"Oh...well, then perhaps I should get one. But I'm afraid I have no funds to speak of."

On Heb's shoulder Avaria twitters and chirps excitedly to Soma. Soma laughs

"No, Avaria, I don't think they have any that would fit you. I'm sorry."

You have never seen a bird look so disappointed, it's actually pretty funny...
Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #69
Andygal

Naomi giggles cheerfully at the sad-looking bird, and at the mental image of a bird attempting to hold a cell phone in it's wing and talk into it, then smiles gently at her.

(to Soma) "I'm sure our friendly local Lightning Servitor can get you a mobile cheap, if not free, if you'd like one."

(grins and winks at Baz) "Right?"
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #70
rknop

You hear a whirring sound behind you getting louder. Before you know how to react to it, there is a sudden explosion of a leaf rustling sound, and out of the bushes behind you there bursts a skateboard, followed shortly by a thin, young black man screaming "Whooo hooooooo!"

Man and skateboard fly through the air, landing just in front of the picnic tables you're sitting at. The skateboard flips up and comes to rest against the table, and the man lands butt-first in the grass.

"Rudy!" The man exclaims, looking at Rhoda. "Who are your friends?"
rknop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp