Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #51
Dalillama

Default Re: [IC] In Nomine -- The Redemption of Eli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"

She concentrates for a few moments and a songbird lands on her shoulder.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Avaria." Baz gives the songbird a nod. "Soma, Heb Rhoneniel, I take it you have worked together before? It's good to have some established connesctions on the team, and everyone here is a stranger to me. This is a bit off my usual beat, you understand."
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #52
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Rudy looks at the songbird with genuine delight. "How pretty!" she whispers. "Do you think she would mind if I ... stroked its feathers for a moment?" Her smile turns half-apologetic. "I guess by the time you get to Vassal of Flowers, you start wanting to show affection to everything."
"Oh, I know she won't mind at all, in fact, she is quite the ham and loves attention."

She giggles as Avaria hops about chirping excitedly. She hops over to Rudy and bobs up and down, as though inviting her to touch her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAlillama View Post
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Avaria." Baz gives the songbird a nod. "Soma, Heb Rhoneniel, I take it you have worked together before? It's good to have some established connections on the team, and everyone here is a stranger to me. This is a bit off my usual beat, you understand."
"Have we worked together? Yes and no. We met through a mutual friend, Rythiel. He is a Mercurian of Oannes who is still devoted to those duties. Heb Rhoneniel works in the oceans so it was natural that they would be friends. I was lucky to be on Rythiel's boat when Heb Rhoneniel came aboard one day."

Last edited by ladyarcana55; 09-05-2009 at 06:05 PM.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:03 PM   #53
Andygal

Naomi smiles at the songbird-reliever. "Hello there little one, it's nice to meet you."

(to Baz) "This really isn't my area either, I've never spent much time on this side of the Atlantic. I've only been in this city for a few months."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #54
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
"Oh, I know she won't mind at all, in fact, she is quite the ham and loves attention."

She giggles as Avaria hops about chirping excitedly. She hops over to Rudy and bobs up and down, as though inviting her to touch her.

Rudy laughs gently and reaches with one finger, stroking the colorful feathers tenderly. She hums as she does so in pidgin Angelic: "Hello, small one. I'm Rhoda." Since Angelic keeps no secrets, the word "Rhoda" also carries overtones of "Ofanite-of-Flowers-Vassal-to-Same" and "Name-That-Feels-More-Formal-Than-I-Am-But-Novalis-Likes-It."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:13 PM   #55
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andygal View Post

(to Baz) "This really isn't my area either, I've never spent much time on this side of the Atlantic. I've only been in this city for a few months."
"Oh, I know the city, I've been here for a few years, and this isn't my first time here; I meant that my duties haven't usually put me together with Flowers or Animals, and I'm more of an engineer than an investigator most of the time. I expect that I can turn my abilities to it, though; a lot of coding is finding someone who's already done some of what you want and then modifying it, so I'm good at getting my hands on information if need be. Otherwise, I can certainly provide a source of technical support. I get the impression that many of you have little experience with the intricacies of modern machinery, and I can get us through almost any problem of that nature."

Last edited by Dalillama; 08-31-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:49 PM   #56
Acolyte

Heb Rhoneniel looks around at the group, nodding slightly as each explains his or her traditional duties and areas of specialty.

He smiles, mostly to himself, when Nechama shows concern for Somasti's happiness and comfort. The presence of Zadkiel's handpicked is as reassuring as it should be, which is to say extremely reassuring.

He nods in agreement when Somasti explains their past association to the group, adding only the following: "For a Friend of Man serving Flowers, Somasti's temperament is remarkably suited to dealing with a variety of angels, the masters of whom do not always see eye-to-eye with Novalis herself."

He also hums the Angelic Tongue at the Reliever, welcoming the bird and introducing himself. The only extra bit of Truth that comes through in his voice is that his introduction notes him something more like "Heb-Beloved Rhoneniel, Seraph of Animals-and-other-things-before".

After the discussion between Jedediah-Bezek and Nechama, he speaks up. "While I am marginally familiar with this area and obviously familiar with my fellows in service to the Wild Many, I have not worked alongside a group of other celestials this size for centuries, at least. It tasks even my memory to recall such an event, and so for the present I think it is safe to say this mission is off my 'beat', as you put it, as well."

Looking around the group, he summarizes the introductions. "Three Mercurians, of Flowers, Protection, and Lightning-to-Networks. An Ofanite of Flowers. A Seraph of Animals." His voice is methodical and slow as his ticks them all off on his fingers. "Together our assets cover a myriad of ways of dealing with humanity, to be expected from a group comprised mostly of Friends of Man, but also experience with technology, numerous friends throughout the world, defensive and offensive Songs, and our natural resonances and attunements, to say nothing of the Distinctions many of us hold." He steeples his fingers.

"Our mission is one of secrecy, but not, thankfully, of deception. I believe the best general course of action for our information gathering to follow this layout: the Friends of Man will analyze those we meet on our journey for relationships to the Archangel of Creation, his important Servitors, or any suspicious Roles or Vessels Eli may have taken on. I will separate the Truth from the lies or confusion in their testimony, and Rhoda will direct us on the swiftest route in pursuit of whatever leads our interrogations uncover. Regarding those from whom we must conceal our efforts, I am less sure of a plan, however. While I do not doubt that the rest of you possess significant diplomatic skills, or at least the ability to talk circles around a Triad of Judgment, my inherent loathing for deception may make me a target of their questioning, which I will be hard-pressed to deflect."
Old 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #57
Dalillama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
"... I am less sure of a plan, however. While I do not doubt that the rest of you possess significant diplomatic skills, or at least the ability to talk circles around a Triad of Judgment, my inherent loathing for deception may make me a target of their questioning, which I will be hard-pressed to deflect."
A grin flashes through Baz's beard. "Try not to be put in a position where they will be talking to you without us. If you are pressed, I am certain that you can say 'I don't want to talk about that' with perfect Truthfulness, right?"
Old 08-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #58
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

"Two things come to mind, Heb Rhoneniel," Rudy says, adding a bit of teasing formality to the last name.

"First, a Triad can't question if they don't know there's anything to ask about. So we need to keep things as quiet as possible ... and even more importantly, keep your role in this as inobvious as possible. You're right -- if they find out what we're about and that there's someone of your nature involved, we're sunk. So we keep you in the background as much as we can."

She smiles sweetly. "I know it seems counter to the usual leadership tradition, but we may get farther if a Seraph isn't the obvious point person this time around. I'm not saying we don't use your experience or abilities, just that we need to be subtle about it."

"Second," she adds, leaning on the bike, "what you don't know, you can't say. You're right, our talents fit together well. But if we descend on every last source as a group, we'll leave a trail that even a blind Imp could follow. And ... well ... there's at least one possible source I have that will be more comfortable if I talk to her alone, or at least without half of Heaven hanging over her shoulder."

"So maybe we should spread out a little for our early searches. We'll cover more ground that way ... and if any of us get intercepted, we won't be able to blow the whole plan, just the piece we know."

ADDED IN EDIT: "Meanwhile, you guys still want to get in touch with Euodias? I've got a friend here who should be able to point the way."

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"

Last edited by Rocket Man; 08-31-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #59
Andygal

Naomi nods at Rudy "True, the best way to deal with Judgement would be to avoid attracting their attention in the first place, though I highly doubt we can manage that forever, they will likely be following some of the same trails that we do and sooner or later we are going to cross paths with them. Hopefully we can find a way to satisfy them, without telling them anything that would jeopardize the mission. Tricky business that."

"I wouldn't mind speaking to Euodias though I don't know her, if you think it's a good place to start I'll go along with that."
Andygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 PM   #60
Dalillama

"Lay on, Macduff," Baz agrees.

Tags
eli, in nomine, net play, pbp