Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 03-21-2010, 10:03 AM   #191
AMOE

Default Re: Member House Rules

In the same vein, you could do the same with levels.

If someone forgets to add his or her own level when he or she beats a monster, or only counts one when he or she should have 2, depending on the monster and cards played on it, then too bad, even if it would've been the winning level. In fact, even MORE if it would have been the winning level XD
AMOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:42 AM   #192
Munchykin

Doesn't make sense with levels though... how do you leave a level behind on the ground for somebody else to pick up? If you fight the monster and beat it then you're the only one that gains knowledge/experience from the fight which is the whole reason you go up levels from fighting in the first place. Doesn't make sense to pick up levels somebody forgot to give themselves. If they do forget them, well that's their tough luck.
Munchykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #193
AMOE

That's what I meant. Not pick them up if they forget them, but not tell them if they forget either. It's their problem. And if they say that their turn has ended without adding their level, then it is gone for good.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:58 PM   #194
Munchykin

Erm.. didn't get that impression from the "in the same vein" comment. But, yeah, figured every munchkin worth his salt wouldn't point out that somebody else forgot a lvl and give it to them anyways.
Munchykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #195
Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchykin View Post
Erm.. didn't get that impression from the "in the same vein" comment. But, yeah, figured every munchkin worth his salt wouldn't point out that somebody else forgot a lvl and give it to them anyways.
I don't think I could honestly say I'd even do that in an official tournament, Munchkinly or not. I just don't think I could not tell that person.
Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #196
AMOE

Well, when I play with friends, the ones that are new to the game, I point it out. The others that I've played with several times, that have won at least one game, I don't. They know how to play the game by now, their own fault for not "leveling up".

I'd say the same for a tournament, though I've never participated in one. If you're good enough to enter a tournament, you should know by then to increase your levels accordingly.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 AM   #197
Maverick

The rule we always played with that I think yesterday we finally realized was wrong, but I may be wrong about it being wrong, was that if your level ever goes below level one, you die. So if right away you draw a GUAL and use it then see that the guy next to you is still lvl 1 and has something you'd like, slap the curse lose 1 lvl on him, make him die and take it.
Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:38 PM   #198
AMOE

Yea, that's wrong. It is strongly implied that you can never go below level 1. Your EFFECTIVE level, or combat strenght, could be negative, or be 0, but never your own base level, nor a monster's.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:10 PM   #199
Jarlaxle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOE View Post
Yea, that's wrong. It is strongly implied that you can never go below level 1. Your EFFECTIVE level, or combat strenght, could be negative, or be 0, but never your own base level, nor a monster's.
Which is why it's in the Member House Rule thread.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #200
AMOE

Quote:
I think yesterday we finally realized was wrong, but I may be wrong about it being wrong

I was simply confirming to him that it was wrong.

Tags
combining different, doors, dummy hand, epic, extras, funny, gambling, gameplay, house rules, multi-deck, munchkin, munchkin zombies, new way to play, rules, rules variant, team, teams, two player, zombie dice