Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 09-29-2016, 12:36 AM   #1
ISNorden

Default Potential (but minor) Wordnound in an anime/Japanese-flavored campaign

NPC ideas: one angel and one demon, each with the word of Dakimakura ("hug-pillows").

The Angel of Dakimakura is a Kyriotate of Dreams; it promotes the healing, comforting benefits of its Word, and often performs beneficial Songs on mortals who sleep with a hug-pillow, (It prefers the ordinary, pictureless type; X-rated hug-pillows are the other side's specialty.)

The Demon of Dakimakura promotes the anime-crush, waifu-fantasy aspect of the Word. She is a Lilim of Lust who can always read the sexual fantasies of any mortal sleeping with a hug-pillow; if necessary. this demon will use the Celestial Song of Form to indulge otaku.
Old 09-29-2016, 06:57 AM   #2
PenitentDemon

Default Re: Potential (but minor) Wordnound in an anime/Japanese-flavored campaign

Hmmmn sounds good... What about the Demon of NakedApron,Tentacle Hentai, the Angel of Cosplay. Otaku Mahou Shoujo etc.

Making it sound like the Otaku aspects is demonic... To be blunt I do NOT like.

Last edited by PenitentDemon; 09-29-2016 at 07:14 AM.
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #3
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Potential (but minor) Wordnound in an anime/Japanese-flavored campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenitentDemon View Post
Making it sound like the Otaku aspects is demonic... To be blunt I do NOT like.
Well, then, let's add some more anime-related angelic wordbound.

We can start with the Angel of Nakama (仲間), who obviously is a Mercurian of Stone. The bond between nakama is closer than simply friendship - they're the proverbial "friends who'll help you move... a body". Amazingly, Wikipedia doesn't have a page for nakama ... but All The Tropes has a page of examples. (Warning: Tropes site.)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.

Last edited by robkelk; 09-29-2016 at 07:55 PM.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:36 AM   #4
ISNorden

A few more Words I'd add to the mix --

The Angel of Anime: an Ofanite of Creation IST Dreams (who probably has a few Lightning and/or Children attunements as well).

The Demon of Anime: a Djinn of the Media; might have a few attunements from Tech (super-editor with the latest gadgets) and/or Factions (all those warring fandoms).

[In my 3-sided campaign, the Gray Spirit of Anime would be a Shaper of Imagination.]

The Angel of Entrance Exams: a Malakite of Destiny.
The Demon of "Test Hell': Tough call; I can't decide between Djinn/Habbalah, or between Nightmares/Fate.
Old 09-30-2016, 06:27 AM   #5
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISNorden View Post
The Angel of Entrance Exams: a Malakite of Destiny.
The Demon of "Test Hell': Tough call; I can't decide between Djinn/Habbalah, or between Nightmares/Fate.
Wouldn't Test Hell be part of The Game?

In an old thread we postulated an Angel of Magical Girls who gives Soldiers a Numinous Corpus: Costume Song or Costume Attunement.

The Angel of MG would likely either be Christopher (children) or David (teamwork and building strength through suffering). Possibly a Cherub, given all those animal companions.
cptbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:36 AM   #6
ISNorden

In an anime-flavored campaign -- depending on the subgenre -- one or more of the following Words would be active.

Supertech (sentient/giant robots and other tech impossible in real life): Creation IST Lightning for Heaven; pure Tech for Hell. [Highly unlikely to have a Gray Wordbound in my 3-sided variant; no current Elder's interests match the Word of Supertech that closely.]

Magical Beasts (mostly organic/elemental creatures with unusual appearance and powers, not possible in real life): Creationer with attunements from Animals, Flowers, and/or various elemental Archangels. Not sure who the Hellish counterpart serves but he's equally versatile.

[In my 3-sided variant, the original Gray Spirit of Magical Beasts was an Elder -- the equivalent of an Archangel or Demon Prince. Uriel's forces soul-killed this Elder in the Purity Crusade, however; the few living Grays who used to serve Beasts now follow Survival, Twilight, or Glory. ("I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...")]

Martial Mystics: Heaven gave this Word to a Malakite of Creation; differing sources claim that he now serves War, Stone, or the Sword. His Infernal counterpart is a Habbalah of The War.
Old 10-02-2016, 03:38 AM   #7
PenitentDemon

Know this isnt anime but...

Recycling, is it under Jordi or Novalis.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:24 AM   #8
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenitentDemon View Post
Know this isnt anime but...

Recycling, is it under Jordi or Novalis.
Not Jordi - it has little to do with animals.

Maybe Marc, under the ideas of "sending assets to others instead of disposing of them" and "trading convenience now for less landfill later".

And it is at least related to anime - Japanese rules for sorting and recycling trash go much farther than most North American rules do, and that sometimes shows up in anime. (I'm reminded of a scene in Full Metal Panic where the lead character is taught how to sort the trash. This is something of a Chekhov's gun.)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:35 AM   #9
cptbutton

Creation in Service to Stone (started out renovating with scavenged materials)
cptbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #10
PenitentDemon

oh an anime themed question?

good SFX to go along with Dissonance?

I came up once with "A Feather drops from her wings and quickly loses its reflective sheen floating down where it Combusts into flames.

Any other ideas for such SFX especialy for demons.

Tags
andrealphus, animé, blandine, hug-pillows, japanese, npc ideas, wordbound