Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 01-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #1
audhumlo

Default Agreeing to help and Polymorph Potion

My friends and I were playing yesterday, and a situation arose that made us question what the agreement to "help" really meant. Player A was level 7 and was fighting the Plutonium Dragon. He was unable to defeat him, so Player B stated "I'll help for all of the treasure." Player A agreed, and then Player B played Polymorph Potion. Player B assumed he was entitled to all of the treasure still, but Player A argued that the original agreement meant help "kill" the monster, and since it wasn't killed, Player B did not hold up his end of the bargain and deserved none of the treasure. I've never played this way before, and was unsure if there are any official stipulations around the term offering to help. I've looked on the forum but couldn't find this exact situation. Thanks for the help!
audhumlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:21 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Agreeing to help and Polymorph Potion

Check This post by Andrew.
In this similar situation, he states the monster was still defeated, so the agreement still stands.
Brf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #3
audhumlo

Default Re: Agreeing to help and Polymorph Potion

Thanks! So it seems a generic offer to "help" simply means that the helper is obligated to join in combat, and no more. Would you say that's a fair understanding of it? Unless the use of a specific card is negotiated beforehand, if the player accepts the helpers offer "I'll help for three treasures" then the helper is only obligated to join in the combat. If there are any treasures at the end of combat when the dust settles, so long as the helper actually joined in the combat with the monster, they're entitled to at least three of them.

Again, thanks for the quick response!
audhumlo is offline   Reply With Quote