Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Steve Jackson
President and EIC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default Bridgestone

The Bridgestone is a magical item that helps cross a body of water. I thought I wrote this up years ago, but I can't find it. Perhaps it was never really published. Does anyone remember seeing this?

Thanks -

- forgetful wizard SJ
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
Fred Brackin
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Default Re: Bridgestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jackson View Post
The Bridgestone is a magical item that helps cross a body of water. I thought I wrote this up years ago, but I can't find it. Perhaps it was never really published. Does anyone remember seeing this?

Thanks -

- forgetful wizard SJ
I've seen it. Definitely Magic Items, probably II.
__________________
Fred Brackin
Fred Brackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:44 PM   #3
Steve Jackson
President and EIC
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Default Re: Bridgestone

Yep! MA3, actually. Thank you!
Steve Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #4
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: Bridgestone

What book is MA3?
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
Refplace
 
Refplace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Yukon, OK
Default Re: Bridgestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
What book is MA3?
Probably Magic Items 3 which s a Third Edition book.
__________________
Looking for group in my area
My GURPS official contributions
My GURPS fan contribution and blog:
REFPLace GURPS Landing Page
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
Pyramid Writers Group Pt II
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #6
JMason
 
JMason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Cockeysville, MD
Default Re: Bridgestone

Now it's time to make wild speculations on why Steve was looking for this item? Magic Items series for 4e? Porting to some new TFT content? Use in a personal game? Or just something that randomly popped into his head and he couldn't stop thinking about it till he got the answer of where it was (or wasn't) published?

... probably that last one, huh? :-D
__________________
---
My Blog: Dice and Discourse - My adventures in GURPS and thoughts on table top RPGs.
JMason is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #7
RyanW
 
RyanW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Southeast NC
Default Re: Bridgestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMason View Post
Now it's time to make wild speculations on why Steve was looking for this item? Magic Items series for 4e? Porting to some new TFT content? Use in a personal game? Or just something that randomly popped into his head and he couldn't stop thinking about it till he got the answer of where it was (or wasn't) published?

... probably that last one, huh? :-D
I suspect he is trying to narrow down which timeline he is in. If he starts asking the names of the last few popes, we'll know.
__________________
RyanW
The goal of a mentor should be to run out of answers before the pupil runs out of questions
Check out my GURPS (et al) wiki, Sweetcandle. Latest addition: Avatar style bending in Fate Core
RyanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #8
johndallman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridge, UK
Default Re: Bridgestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
I suspect he is trying to narrow down which timeline he is in. If he starts asking the names of the last few popes, we'll know.
Remember, check the thread for existing answers first. If we give him inconsistent answers, he'll probably figure out what happened in 1896.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:08 AM   #9
Anaraxes
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Bridgestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
If we give him inconsistent answers, he'll probably figure out what happened in 1896.
John! Now he knows the year to focus on!

I can't believe you'd make a slip like that. Hopefully a friendly mod can edit your post before the damage is done. That -- or your personal timeline. Your choice.

Last edited by Anaraxes; 02-14-2018 at 12:02 PM.
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #10
johndallman
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cambridge, UK
Default Re: Bridgestone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
John! Now he knows the year to focus on!

I can't believe you'd make a slip like that. Hopefully a friendly mod can edit your post before the damage is one. That -- or your personal timeline. Your choice.
Oh! Are you from that timeline? Sorry, I didn't think we had anyone from there, and hence 1896 was the designated placeholder.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.