Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #21
Udeliens

Default Re: GUAL to a Lv9 Munchkin

I have no more doubts about this issue, now the rules are clear to me, thanks everybody for answering my questions. ^^
Old 11-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #22
Kirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
There's a difference between a joke, which that excerpt from the Pawn rules is, and a spot where we flat-out say "Cheating in Munchkin is fine."

If you want to cheat, quit looking for a loophole in the rules that makes it somehow acceptable. Just cheat and face the consequences if you're caught. But don't say that the Munchkin rules or the people who wrote them condone cheating, because you are flatly incorrect. I'm REALLY tired of having to defend myself against this.
I don't want to cheat, so I needn't look for any loophole.

I wasn't saying that the rules condoned cheating.
I was asking if they did. Hence the use of the question marks.

I read your earlier statement of "I challenge you to find..." as, well, a challenge for me to find something. As in you were encouraging people to look for examples. I now understand that you meant "I challenge you to find..." in the sense of you don't want to hear about it, so I won't mention it again. I apologize for my misunderstanding of what you wrote.
Kirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #23
Bastian

What about being level 8 and playing Gual that would give you normally 2 levels, can you play it to gain only one level?

Or being a Russian and level 6 and playing a gual that would give you 4 levels to gain only 3.

So far has always being about level 9 characters not allowed to do that. I imagine the rule would be the same, that is you can reach enough levels to win you can not use the card at all, but just to be sure I like asking.
MIB #0105
Cheat Like There's No Tomorrow
Bastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:53 AM   #24
blipadouzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastian View Post
What about being level 8 and playing Gual that would give you normally 2 levels, can you play it to gain only one level?

Or being a Russian and level 6 and playing a gual that would give you 4 levels to gain only 3.

So far has always being about level 9 characters not allowed to do that. I imagine the rule would be the same, that is you can reach enough levels to win you can not use the card at all, but just to be sure I like asking.
I would have said that in either case you would have been allowed to level up to Level 9 max, and then have to kill a monster for the last level.

**I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess. -Red Green, the man's prayer
blipadouzi is offline   Reply With Quote