Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 01-09-2015, 09:39 PM   #1
uikkusu

Default Curse! Cursed Thingy Clarification

We just recently purchased Munchkin and the Unnatural Axe supplement in my house. We've been having a great time with it, but I was a little unclear on how Cursed Thingy is applied. I understand that the cursed player is allowed to choose which item the curse is applied to. My question is as follows:

* Does that item need to be currently equipped? For example, if I'm a Cleric, and I have an Unnatural Axe (only able to be equipped by a Warrior) in my inventory (turned sideways, unequipped), am I allowed to apply the curse to this item?

Currently, we are going with the interpretation that if you have any items equipped, you have to choose one of those items to curse. It makes the curse more effective, as in our play it seems that at any given time most players have some "throwaway" item on the table turned sideways (if for no other reason than to avoid charity). I was wondering, though, if there was an official ruling. Nothing on the forums seemed to definitively answer this question, but perhaps I wasn't looking hard enough. Thanks!

Last edited by uikkusu; 01-09-2015 at 10:00 PM.
uikkusu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:02 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Curse! Cursed Thingy Clarification

That curse does not specify it has to be an equipped Item, so you can curse one you are carrying sideways, as long as it is a permanent Item -- not a one-shot one.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote