Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 11-02-2016, 09:23 PM   #1
Shinigami

Default Help me build a custom deck

So, I went on a crazy shoping spree, and bought several expansions. Now, I want to cherry pick cards to help build a deck that will provide the best possible experience. Could you guys give me any type of suggestions, maybe amount of cards of a type I should have, average monster level, specific cards to include/exclude etc.?

The packs I have: original, pathfinder, legends, need for steed 4, deranged 5, cheat with both hands 7, half horse 8, skull kickers, guild, knights, cobolts, princesses, undead, gamechangers.
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
Argendauss

Default Re: Help me build a custom deck

I think the best way to trim down a bunch of decks into a well-curated blender deck is to stay relatively close to the card-type ratios established in the original decks. Like, base decks tend have monsters constitute about 40% of the door deck, so you might have a rough time if your blender door deck is 20% or 60% monster. Also, of those cards, monster levels are widely distributed, but heavy on the low levels; make your deck top or bottom heavy as you please, but keep monsters of all levels.

I use this spreadsheet to help me crunch the numbers and see if I'm staying within the right range. Make yourself a copy. Basically, you go to the "analysis" tab and select 1-3 decks you want to serve as your reference point--say, Munchin core + pathfinder. Then in the "cards" tab you use dropdown boxes in column A to pick the card you want in your blender deck. Use the various filters on row 1 to help you sort through.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...?usp=drive_web
Argendauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
Shinigami

Default Re: Help me build a custom deck

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I did the same thing in that I saw the ratios in the original decks and tried to emulate it. One thing I did not like is that I felt there were way too many low level monsters. So in my deck I made it so the average level of monsters is higher while trying to keep it balanced. I also increased the number of cards that make it possible to add monsters to the current combat. Also, a good percent of those are undead, and there is a rule that says you can add undead to combat if there is another undead. Unfortunately I havent had a chance to test it yet, but I feel my current deck is "hardcore".
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote