Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:44 AM   #21
wolf90

Default Re: The super heavy tank in the Ogre app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Giant View Post
This definitely looks like a good deal. I wish I was in the position to buy another but I just bought a car:(
That really IS a good deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstlaurent View Post
I was debating buying a second copy from him, but my wife was all, "No! Where are we going to put it!?" No sense of priorities....
No sense at all. You'll need to play some games with her . . . soon enough she'll want her own edition!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #22
ianargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post

No sense at all. You'll need to play some games with her . . . soon enough she'll want her own edition!

D.
I should consider buying my son a copy for when he's old enough to do more than help me roll the dice ;)
ianargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #23
mstlaurent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post

D.
She really is into games, just not wargames. Pick almost any German-style board game and she is into it. I have put her on notice that as the kids get older they will want to get into more advanced wargames and possibly role-playing games, and she will be required to participate. Because, you know, Third Reich is best with five players....

I'm still kinda hoping that GEV 6e will become a reality, that will make all this much easier. (And much more portable.)
mstlaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:44 AM   #24
dwalend

Quote:
I'm still kinda hoping that GEV 6e will become a reality, that will make all this much easier. (And much more portable.)
So true. I can swap for a smaller forklift and make two trips.
dwalend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:57 AM   #25
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalend View Post
So true. I can swap for a smaller forklift and make two trips.
From everything I've seen over the last year, this is more and more unlikely. Everyone (including we fans) went through a lot of work to combine the Ogre/G.E.V./etc rules into a single cohesive set. The last thing I would expect is more effort to split that content up again. It's pretty clear that the focus is on promoting and expanding Ogre, so while we will probably never see a G.E.V.-only box, we probably will see future expansions that include G.E.V. content (Reinforcements is already starting this, all we need are maps and more counters). I fully expect a second box, probably the same size as the 6E box, with maps, counters and overlays.

So the long game will eventually give us G.E.V.; it just won't be called G.E.V.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #26
Buzzardo

Quote:
I was debating buying a second copy from him, but my wife was all, "No! Where are we going to put it!?" No sense of priorities....
Buy 5. Make a prefab house. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianargent View Post
I should consider buying my son a copy for when he's old enough to do more than help me roll the dice ;)
That's good parenting, that is. :)
Quote:
She really is into games, just not wargames. Pick almost any German-style board game and she is into it. I have put her on notice that as the kids get older they will want to get into more advanced wargames and possibly role-playing games, and she will be required to participate. Because, you know, Third Reich is best with five players....
More good parenting. :)
Quote:
Preach it, brother! Errr, umm, yes, that'd be nice. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
all we need are maps
Trimmed that down to the essential bit for ya. ;)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #27
Desert Scribe

Quote:
I fully expect a second box, probably the same size as the 6E box, with maps, counters and overlays.

Don't forget the expansion for ODE.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #28
mstlaurent

Quote:
From everything I've seen over the last year, this is more and more unlikely. Everyone (including we fans) went through a lot of work to combine the Ogre/G.E.V./etc rules into a single cohesive set. The last thing I would expect is more effort to split that content up again. It's pretty clear that the focus is on promoting and expanding Ogre, so while we will probably never see a G.E.V.-only box, we probably will see future expansions that include G.E.V. content (Reinforcements is already starting this, all we need are maps and more counters). I fully expect a second box, probably the same size as the 6E box, with maps, counters and overlays.

Tomato, tomatoe. As long as it results in a set that I can carry through the door without scraping my knuckles then we're all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Scribe View Post
Don't forget the expansion for ODE.
Haven't heard anything about that for a while. I wonder where it fits into the new Ogre roadmap?
mstlaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:50 PM   #29
Belle Sorciere

Quote:

Can't you already buy these on Warehouse 23:

* ODE Counters (~$30)
* ODE GEV/Shockwave Maps (~$60)

Alternatively, the Ogre Classic counters for 6e ($25)

And I know you can download the ODE rulebook and scenario book.

So you can have GEV now, you just don't get a box that says "GEV."

That would
Belle Sorciere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 03:28 PM   #30
wolf90

Another thing I forgot to suggest is that you should join our Ogre News Mailing List. Just go to the thread for it and follow the instructions. Or click on the fine print on the Ogre News web page.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote