Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2016, 08:58 PM   #1
clnoel

Default Cost Factor for odd Armor

Background: I run my GURPS campaign in the D&D world of Eberron. One of my players is building a new NPC as a "Syberis kobold", which is a kobold race with wings that lives on tall mountaintops.

I've built out all the stats, no problem. My question is: How much should armor cost for this race? I haven't been able to find generic rules for armoring odd body shapes, unless they are so odd you can effectively go for horse barding instead.

Assuming that he doesn't armor his wings, should his torso armor cost more because it has to have holes in the back for his wings? Should his leg armor cost more because kobolds are toe-walkers? Or should these be accounted for by assuming that the armor you start with is "fitted" for you (Low-Tech p.103)?

What if he finds some great armor somewhere down the line, and wants to have it refitted for him? Is that still accounted for by a craftsman spending an hour and making the Armory+2 check (again, Low-Tech p.103), or should it cost more because it takes longer or is a more difficult check?

Last edited by clnoel; 08-25-2016 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Grammar correction
clnoel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
armor, wings