Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-04-2012, 01:27 AM   #11
ErhnamDJ

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
Once he has surveyed his situation, he gruffly asks, "Where are we? And who are you?"
There's an orange glow as the halfling draws on a pipe. "We are in the panopticon of pain. Or, I should say, a panopticon of pain. There's more of them around, I hear. But I suspect this is the last one standing. Being so close to the chasm, I imagine no one needed the stones. As for me, call me Tipsy." He draws on the pipe again, then coughs. He holds his left hand over to his right side. "And this is my brother Itus. He don't talk much no more." He seems content to sit and smoke, then he starts tapping his pipe out against the wall. "Say, you have any booze on you? I woulda let you fall down there, but I was worried you might have some booze or potions or somethin' that might get smashed."
ErhnamDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #12
Talosian

Athelard slowly raises an eyebrow at the odd halfling. "No, I'm afraid I don't... Panopticon of pain, you said? Where exactly would that be?" He warily looks the halfling up and down. "And I believe you mentioned a chasm?"
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #13
ErhnamDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talosian View Post
Athelard slowly raises an eyebrow at the odd halfling. "No, I'm afraid I don't... Panopticon of pain, you said? Where exactly would that be?" He warily looks the halfling up and down. "And I believe you mentioned a chasm?"
"Yep," he says. "Chasm of Fourteen Torments." He waves his pipe haphazardly off in some direction. "Off thataways thereabouts." Then he stares at you for a good long while. "Son, you're in Hell. Lord Veramont's domain to be more specific. This is the land of demons, lost souls, and old fools like me who slipped through the cracks." He stands up and grabs a rope that's hanging there. You think you can make out that it's tied to a metal bolt sticking out of the wall. "Speaking of slipping through cracks, if you don't have anything worthwhile to trade, I'm going to be slipping on out of here. This ain't exactly the safest place in Hell."

Then he makes to rappel off the shaky wooden platform he's standing on.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #14
Poonbahbah

Michelle starts climbing down to the ground level after quietly vowing to herself to either train herself in climbing or a handy spell like flight ASAP.

OCC
climbing rolls 7 and thinking I might need a few more, 8, 10, 10, and 11
If you think I start pulling to far ahead of the others please be sure and tell me to stop with all the posting and when I can start again.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 07-04-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Poonbahbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:11 AM   #15
ErhnamDJ

And you're at what encumbrance level?
Old 07-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #16
ErhnamDJ

You manage to swing yourself around to where you can grab onto the easily-climbed stone wall. You slowly lower yourself to the next level, then the next after that.

Once there, two levels from where you started, you see something out of the corner of your eye. Roll me a fright check at -7. And a Hidden Lore (Spirits) roll. And a Hidden Lore (Magic Items) roll.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #17
Poonbahbah

Fright check failed by three, Spirit check made by four, and magic item check just made. Fright heck table 11, stunned for 2d seconds, roll vs modified will to come out of it. Stunned for 10 seconds total.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #18
ErhnamDJ

You see movement out of the corner of your eye. You sense a magic item. What you see is a translucent female corpse chained against the wall. It is a rather gruesome sight. The insides are hanging out and the skin is stretched over and off of the face. She must have been an old woman indeed when she died. She looks to be about ninety years old.

Translucent blood is pouring out of her stomach wound, and it's not stopping. You recognize her as a ghost. A spirit of the dead destined to suffer eternal damnation. She is screaming in agony, but not making a sound. You know that in Hell the ghosts make no sounds. Their screams would drive even the demons mad. Her eyes look into yours and that's when your heart skips a beat.

You can see small spirit creatures squirming through her flesh. These are soulworms. They devour the souls of the dead. You don't know whether they feed forever or if they eventually destroy the soul.

The bindings at her wrists and ankles are enchanted with a variant of the Ghost Weapon enchantment, though usable only on restraints. You've read about it, but never seen it before.

After a time, you resume your descent, but your hand slips and you fall, slamming into a piece of the rotted wood floor. It breaks your fall, nearly breaking your back with it. You keep going, passing through another two floors, each slowing your more, until you land on a hard packed dirt floor.

You take ten damage.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:10 AM   #19
Poonbahbah

First Michelle checks for major wound if needed, 13 she fails but not by enough to fall unconscious. Second a HT roll to be able to act as I'm at 0 HP, success. Third she'll cast hide at her full magery of 6 for 5 FP and try to get -6 to peoples perception to notice me, even while I'm in plain sight, success.

Forth she'll lay there until she's at full FP or until she sees someone she's sure is more likely to help then harm, like a "good" race I'm familiar with, and call for help. If she sees something that seems more likely to harm then help, like a demon, she'll be very quiet and hope they don't notice her.

OOC
Link to rolls. 2 HP and 3 FP and didn't need to make that second HT roll.

Last edited by Poonbahbah; 07-04-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Tweaked action on clarification of damage not already being reduced for armor.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #20
ErhnamDJ

Dorli and Athelard, you both hear a voice loud crashing.

To Athelard, the halfling says: "There goes another one. Maybe this one has better stuff than the last one. Wildmen... never anything good."

Tags
welcome to hell