Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 05-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
RockSchneider

Default Expansions

OK, I played munchkin back in 01' when it came out for a lot and loved it.

After 12 yrs. I got the game again and my friends love playing it so much that we're buying expansions from 2-8 all at once.

The question I have is this:

How do the expansions work?

Since I played the game when it came out, there wasn't any expansions back there and I have no idea how they work, how you add them.

Do you just add the cards for each expansion to the main deck's making them like 800 cards lot?, or is there a limit?
Do you combine certain cards thru-out all the expansions to a limit of cards in the deck, or how?

Please is anyone can explain this to me, I looked thru-out the pages of munchkin game and the expansion's don't really go into explanation on how to add them or the mechanics in detail.
RockSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Expansions

You just shuffle the expansion decks you want to use into the main deck. There are some new rules included with some expansions, but these will be mentioned on the rules sheet included with the expansion. If you get many expansions, you'll end up with very large decks, but you can just take a manageable amount out of the box and play with those cards, pulling out more if you need them (and if you want to play again, you don't need to shuffle, just take more cards out of the box.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
RockSchneider

I see, so basically since we are getting all expansions from 2-8. We can just go ahead and make a gigantic 800+ cards deck, no limit. Just take a chunk of it and play with it then?
Old 05-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

That's the theory. I've seen some pretty huge stacks of cards at convention games...
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Clipper

Note that as you are including Munchkin 6, it does have some special rules as the Portals will be very rare otherwise. It suggests to shuffle the portals into the top of the deck (essentially leave out the portals and shuffle them into the manageable deck you play the game with) to get the most out of them. It's not necessary, though. Leaving some Dungeons around for longer periods of time can also be fun.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
RockSchneider

Cool, thank you both for the tips, I now have an idea of it ^^

Tags
add, cards, expansion, expansions, work