Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-01-2020, 04:42 AM   #11
Phantasm

Default Re: GURPS News updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Personally I hope it is the long-awaited Cabaret Chicks On Ice.
That's a Kromm-title, dontchu know?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 04:50 AM   #12
Phantasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Beckenstein View Post
We have plenty of guns, after all.
And yet the UT guns are lacking in both numbers and variety. I'd much prefer to be able to whip out a bunch of TL9 caseless pistols in four or five different calibers than have everyone using the same 7mmCLP or 10mmCLP pistol. What if I want a 6mm caseless? Or the Fallout 14mm 5-shot pistol? Or a Gauss weapon that's not 3mm, because the setting I'm cribbing from uses 4.5mm Gauss slugs?

Or what if I want a wider variety of guns for my TL4 setting than what LT gives? Or want to duplicate that crazy 6-barrel shotgun Cockroach used in Luke Cage, with six 12G shot shells going off at once?

High-Tech guns are pretty well covered, Low- and Ultra-Tech guns are pretty lacking. Ergo, slugthrower design system for the non-gun-nut who doesn't know the difference between 20 grain and 30 grain, please?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:00 AM   #13
Anders

Beam weapons are easier to make a system for, since you can pretty well pull numbers out of your nether regions. We don't have real-world examples of practical beam weapons.

A system for guns, spanning 5 Tech Levels and - more importantly - having to fit most or all of the examples already given in the various gun titles, High-Tech, etc. would be a huge undertaking. I wouldn't be against it (and if I could have my wish, I would include Gauss guns as well) - but don't underestimate the work you'd need to put into it.
Old 08-01-2020, 09:03 AM   #14
Ejidoth

I didn't think GURPS Furries was ever going to happen, but I will absolutely buy it the second it becomes available.

Also looking forward to the unnamed Dungeon Fantasy stuff that's currently being worked on, whatever it is.
Ejidoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #15
Rasputin

As it happens, I wrote up naegleria fowleri a few years ago as an exercise, while writing up more playable diseases. So …

Naegleriasis fowleri (aka Primary Amoebic Meningoencephalitis) is a bacterium that can kill only when someone snorts infected water up his nose. The illness almost always (95%+) kills. Luckily, naegleriasis is rare, with about 4 deaths in the United States each year. The infected water is always freshwater, never saltwater nor properly chlorinated swimming pools, and is more common in games where the player forgets to pay his share for the pizza.
Statistics: Special (critically failure on a Swimming roll in infected fresh water); HT to initially resist, HT-7 to resist in following cycles; 2d-1 day delay; 1 point toxic damage; 6-hour cycle with 40 cycles (successful resistance does not end the illness, which must go through all cycles). Symptoms include moderate pain and nausea (p. B428) and a stiff neck (the victim cannot look down to see something below his head in the same hex or the hex before him without a Will roll and terrible pain in combat; treat as Tunnel Vision (p. B151) for the two hexes before you) after losing 1/3 HP. Also, the victim must make a HT roll in a stressful situation (like combat) or start retching (p. B429). After losing 2/3 HP, the victim is in severe pain (p. B428) and is hallucinating (p. B429). Not contagious.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #16
ProfessorDetective

Nice to see that Girl Genious is slowly clawing it's way out of dev hell. Is that bit about y'all having to wait on the comic to catch up true or did y'all just not have the manpower to work on it?
ProfessorDetective is offline   Reply With Quote