Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-30-2020, 01:28 PM   #11
exalted

Default Re: What are you running?

I'm running a Star Wars campaign using a custom hack of last edition of Legend of the Five Rings. Was going for young force sensitives hunted by evil sith have adventures while the new republic forms in the background, basically using Heir of the Empire as meta plot. Didn't really turn out that way and has in some ways become something of a fighting a war makes everyone dirty, major philosophies (jedi/sith/empire/republic) are flawed kinda game, something of a special ops Star Wars in the vein of Rogue One. Not what was intended but we are having a riot with the game, the implications and the future possibilities, but it feels like a fast burn campaign so will probably not run for years even if we are 20ish sessions into it.

Last edited by exalted; 07-30-2020 at 01:32 PM.
exalted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:33 PM   #12
mstlaurent

I'm currently running two campaigns:

We're just starting a GURPS science fiction campaign in a home-grown setting, basically human colonies (via STL) in a separate arm of the galaxy who have just developed FTL in the last century or so. Sort of shooting for a "rogues-with-a-heart-of-gold in space" dynamic, but we'll see where it goes.

Second campaign is running my wife and kids through The Temple of Elemental Evil with TFT. Having a ball with that one.

My middle son is running all of the TFT Adventures and Perilous Journeys adventures for us, which I've really been enjoying. It's literally the first time I've been able to play in an RPG as a player since high school, over 30 years at this point.
mstlaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 02:43 AM   #13
Tenchi2a

Going to be running GURPS Shatterzone. It's a conversion of the old WEG Shatterzone RPG to GURPS that I have been working on.
Tenchi2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:51 AM   #14
InexplicableVic

A Dungeon Fantasy campaign using the Forbidden Caverns of Archaia as the base (it's a D&D 5E product, so it requires conversion). Mostly using DFRPG rules, but some elements of the Dungeon Fantasy line, including but not limited to GURPS Martial Arts, GURPS Magic, and various options here and there from DF1-20, Pyramid Articles, and the DF: Denizens sourcebooks.
InexplicableVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:25 AM   #15
Oggsmash

A Conan (Hyborian Adventure we call it) game with GURPS rules. A "junior" version of dungeon fantasy where all the characters are from the henchmen templates (GURPS). One that has been on hold for a good long while, a Zombie apocalypse game (with a setting heavily modeled off of the video game State of Decay) where the players all started with 75pt characters.

Most active, a post apocalypse game (that is actually a WH40k game, the planet the party has been adventuring on is a planet of the imperium on the outer fringes that has not been in contact with the empire for thousands of years). A new Savage Rifts game, Rifts using the Savage worlds rules, do not know how long this one will last, but was fun the on session. I also play in a pretty much bog standard D&D 5th edition game.
Oggsmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:28 PM   #16
smurf
Banned

Still running my Deconstructed Supers, trying to write a source book on it and realised I need quite a few templates and stuff. But all is good so far.
smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 08:55 PM   #17
zoncxs

I am still putting together my Martial Arts world as well as my Dark Horror Fantasy world.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:22 PM   #18
Dalin

I'm running a number of DFRPG games with some GURPS sprinkled in as needed. My main game has six players exploring Douglas Cole's Nordlond setting. We started with the Citadel at Nordvorn and have proceeded (circuitously!) to Forest's End with a number of threads from Dragons of Rosgarth inserted into the mix. (We'll probably do Rosgarth next, so I wanted it to feel natural.) We've been using Roll20 and Zoom since COVID.

I'm also running a family game with some neighbors (socially distanced in the yard or on a large porch) that's been a grab bag of mostly D&D conversions.

My other ongoing campaign included a mix of kids and parents (with roughly six players) but it's on hiatus since COVID. We had three or four great sessions of the Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh.

Sadly, my son (11) hosted his first roleplaying club in March, just before the shutdown, with a bunch of friends from school. He taught them all how to play DFRPG and ran an introductory adventure of his own devising. He was hoping to continue the game every other week, but COVID put the kibosh on that.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 09:39 PM   #19
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Hand of Bobb is running an isekai-/Final Fantasy-inspired fantasy game (as I've had to turn GMing duties over to him for the near future due to a schedule change at work).

I had been trying to run Season 3 of our Infinite Weirdos game, but the Gawds of Chaos have been against us on that one.

Been reading MechWarrior: Destiny and am planning on stripping the 'Mech combat out of that for a streamlined GURPS BattleTech game.

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 07-31-2020 at 09:40 PM. Reason: I'm a bloody moron: clicked submit instead of preview.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:16 AM   #20
Donny Brook

I'm running a MH campaign inspired by the Supernatural TV show with some added Lovecraftian flavor.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote