Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #41
Polydamas

Default Re: [Magic] Enchanting A Better Bra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
There are spells for everything except maybe the dehydration and you can get an everfilling waterskin for that.

There are potentially Alchemical Amulets for several of these conditions too. You do hAve to go to Merlin-1 for the Elixer v. Sunburn. I would think the Amulet Of Invulnerability (which gives DR3) and the Bracers of Force (first DF magic items book) only give DR2 but protect the eyes would handle the chafiing and the isect bites and probably look cooler on a barbarian than they do on an average wizard.
You could cast a bunch of spells every day, or you could write up one common effect. The fact that it works about as well as normal clothes might make it less effective than some of the spells. It would basically be like the perk for avoiding penalties for wearing high heels or a cape (Schtick: High-Heeled Heroine, GURPS Power-Ups 2).

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:33 PM   #42
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polydamas View Post
You could cast a bunch of spells every day, or you could write up one common effect. The fact that it works about as well as normal clothes might make it less effective than some of the spells. It would basically be like the perk for avoiding penalties for wearing high heels or a cape (Schtick: High-Heeled Heroine, GURPS Power-Ups 2).
Yeah, basic Rules Exemption Perk. You're unafected by all the rules for lacking proper clothing. It needs a snarky name, probably something with "loincloth" in it but it won't come to me right now.

Um, "Loincloth Luggage" ? "You may wear nothing but a loincloth where ever you go and still avoid all environmental penalties normal people require proper clothing and supplies for.".
Old 07-17-2020, 08:06 PM   #43
WaterAndWindSpirit

Reflex one-piece swimsuit packed with as many enhancements as possible, with assorted shoulder length gloves and full length stockings.

+5 to all Active Defenses, DR 11/7 everywhere except on the head (and a balaclava + armored shades can easily fix that).

Boring? Sure. But so damn practical even the male PCs wear them under their street clothes.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 09:58 PM   #44
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterAndWindSpirit View Post
Reflex one-piece swimsuit packed with as many enhancements as possible, with assorted shoulder length gloves and full length stockings.

+5 to all Active Defenses, DR 11/7 everywhere except on the head (and a balaclava + armored shades can easily fix that).

Boring? Sure. But so damn practical even the male PCs wear them under their street clothes.
I dunno. Might make more sense to just make a Reflex Morphsuit/Zentai like contraption and enchant it to be invisible.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:35 AM   #45
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
Yeah, basic Rules Exemption Perk. You're unafected by all the rules for lacking proper clothing. It needs a snarky name, probably something with "loincloth" in it but it won't come to me right now.

Um, "Loincloth Luggage" ? "You may wear nothing but a loincloth where ever you go and still avoid all environmental penalties normal people require proper clothing and supplies for.".
Extreme Environment Loincloth?
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:58 AM   #46
Anders

Gollum's Loincloth - a loincloth that stays in place so no matter how you cavort about you never show your private parts to the audience.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #47
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Extreme Environment Loincloth?
"Logistical Loincloth" occurred to me a little later.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:09 PM   #48
Proteus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Gollum's Loincloth - a loincloth that stays in place so no matter how you cavort about you never show your private parts to the audience.
A not-showin' cloth.