Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 PM   #21
naloth

Default Re: Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction)

The wiki has him at:
Height: 50[1]-100[2] meters (164-328 feet)
Weight: 20,000[1] - 60,000[2] tons

That's SM+8 to SM+10 with a calculated ST/HP of (using cube root x 2) 684 - 986. Obviously that's just not impressive enough.

I would double ST (at least) and still add IT:DR. Even so, I doubt it will stand up to military hardware without IT:DR and DR100+.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #22
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dragon View Post
Eep. That sounds just a bit high. That means tank cannons and really big weapons (Like Harpoon ASMs or Tomahawk cruise missiles) could only barely hurt him (Less than 1 scale HP).

In fact... At that point, he starts surviving nearby nuclear explosions. Could have been standing in Hiroshima and he wouldn't take any damage at all, not even knockback (Though I'm pretty sure the radiation wouldn't affect him anyway, at least).
Thematically, Godzilla represents the reaction of nature to mankind's selfish exploitation and pollution, so nuclear weapons *should* hurt him but will also enrage and empower his fiery avenging breath for great justice. Enough of them close up might kill him, but should also ultimately prove futile, spawning new grim punishers of the folly of man.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 PM   #23
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dragon View Post
Eep. That sounds just a bit high. That means tank cannons and really big weapons (Like Harpoon ASMs or Tomahawk cruise missiles) could only barely hurt him (Less than 1 scale HP).
You mean, the way it works in the movies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dragon
In fact... At that point, he starts surviving nearby nuclear explosions.
Good point, I need to give him DR vs radiation with absorption to hit points. He's been nuked in the past, and actually got better.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #24
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
The wiki has him at:
Height: 50[1]-100[2] meters (164-328 feet)
Weight: 20,000[1] - 60,000[2] tons

That's SM+8 to SM+10 with a calculated ST/HP of (using cube root x 2) 684 - 986. Obviously that's just not impressive enough.

I would double ST (at least) and still add IT:DR. Even so, I doubt it will stand up to military hardware without IT:DR and DR100+.
Well, yeah, ST needs to be higher at the very least because he and the other kaiju are capable of lifting and throwing each other around.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #25
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
Well, yeah, ST needs to be higher at the very least because he and the other kaiju are capable of lifting and throwing each other around.
That's why I calculated it from the required basic load, not from the formula in Basic. The fact is, the formula in Basic is inverse cube and only makes sense for things which actually obey the square/cube law; it doesn't really produce sensible results for most giants.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage, powers