Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 11-24-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
Valadrim

Default White Hardcover Core Book

Is the white book (with colour illustrations) from the first printing (softcover), or the second (hardcover)? And if it is from the first printing, what differences should I expect from the second printing, which I am familiar with, if any?
Valadrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: White Hardcover Core Book

Oooh, those are uncommon to find. I suspect First Printing, since SJG was auctioning off the last ones by '99, within two years of the game's original (paperback) release, but I can't say for sure. What's the ISBN on it? That might help solve the mystery.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Valadrim

I don't have the ISBN number, I found it for $30 online and snapped it up before I contemplated what printing it might be from, it should be getting mailed to me soon. Can you tell me what the difference between the printings are?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
AOTA

I believe the black and white hard covers were from the first edition.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valadrim View Post
Can you tell me what the difference between the printings are?
Mostly errata and organization, I think. (Archangel Beth could say for sure.)

As far as the errata for each printing and the PDF edition, the up-to-date list can be found at the book's Warehouse 23 site here: http://www.sjgames.com/in-nomine/Core/

Old 11-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #6
Valadrim

I think it is probably still a good deal, while I don't like to have to wade through errata, so long as it isn't missing anything (extra information on Grigori or the intro fiction or something) I will probably be pretty happy with it.
Old 11-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

The black-covered and white-covered hardcopies have color interiors and are first printing. The flaming-feather softcover is also first printing.

The blue hardcover is second printing, with grayscale interiors, and has a lot of errata fixed from the first printing. It also, IIRC, introduced some errata. *facepalm*

The third "printing" is the PDF.

Errata for the first printing should cover everything. There's nothing missing that I can think of, that isn't in errata.

GURPS IN would be the one that has little tidbits here and there, since we were under the impression certain other books would be out soon after GIN, and didn't want to leave the GURPS players out in the cold on mechanics.

Last edited by Archangel Beth; 11-26-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: forgot to mention grayscale on second printing
Archangel Beth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #8
Valadrim

Thanks Beth! I remember the GURPS book having a fair bit of different content, and hoped that this book wasn't going to leave me in the dark. I am really excited about my purchase...now to just find some players to inflict my strange new designs upon.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #9
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

If you've got the GURPS IN book, and this is your first basic set, you're probably fine. (If not, tell me -- or the rest of the fine people here! -- and I'll see what I can do to clarify anything evil. Or Good. Or selfish/selfless. Or, um, y'know. O:> )
Old 12-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
Rocket Man

And by the way, Valadrim, since I don't think anyone said anything four months ago -- welcome to the boards! It's good to have another IN fan knocking around the place.

Tags
meta