Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 08-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
Juggre Naut

Default Several Various Questions

Alright, I'm going to lay out my various questions one by one, thank you for considering them!

QUESTION 1
If you lose your race (or class), what happens to your items that were usable only by that race (or class)? Must you discard them? Can you sell them for a level (if it all adds to at least 1000 pieces of gold of course)? Can you trade them?

QUESTION 2
Once a monster enhancer (or any card that affects a monster or the battle at all for that matter) has been played, can it be retracted under any circumstance?

QUESTION 3
What is the deal with loaded die and reloaded die? Is there a difference between the two? Does the order these cards are played in matter (for example based on the english it would seem a loaded die would be used and then a reloaded die to change the former one's role. Or am I wrong and reloaded die can be used first as well)? Does the type of die role matter for either of these?

QUESTION 4
Okay, so there are some items that are usable only once, but they have no value, and it does not say "no value" there just isn't anything mentioned about it at all. Like it's not an item. Is it an item because it's usable only once? Or is it not because it has no value (not even "no value" at the bottom). Both questions reveal opposing thoughts but both seem logical to me, so I guess which one overrules is the question.

QUESTION 5
Stemming of Question 4, can you put that item(? if it is one, or if it isn't) on the table?
Juggre Naut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Several Various Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggre Naut View Post
If you lose your race (or class), what happens to your items that were usable only by that race (or class)? Must you discard them? Can you sell them for a level (if it all adds to at least 1000 pieces of gold of course)? Can you trade them?
The Items you can no longer use must be turned sideways (unless you are in the middle of combat, in which case you cannot stop using them, but they grant you no bonus). If it's your turn and you're not in combat, you are welcome to sell them. And if you aren't fighting, you can trade them whether it is your turn or not.

Quote:
Once a monster enhancer (or any card that affects a monster or the battle at all for that matter) has been played, can it be retracted under any circumstance?
Unless you have another card that says so, no.

Quote:
What is the deal with loaded die and reloaded die? Is there a difference between the two? Does the order these cards are played in matter (for example based on the english it would seem a loaded die would be used and then a reloaded die to change the former one's role. Or am I wrong and reloaded die can be used first as well)? Does the type of die role matter for either of these?
Loaded Die changes your own roll; Reloaded Die changes someone else's roll. There's no requirement to play Loaded Die before Reloaded Die can be played.

Quote:
Okay, so there are some items that are usable only once, but they have no value, and it does not say "no value" there just isn't anything mentioned about it at all. Like it's not an item. Is it an item because it's usable only once? Or is it not because it has no value (not even "no value" at the bottom). Both questions reveal opposing thoughts but both seem logical to me, so I guess which one overrules is the question.

Stemming of Question 4, can you put that item(? if it is one, or if it isn't) on the table?
Items have a listed Gold Piece value (including "No Value") printed on the card. If a card doesn't have a printed value, it is not an Item, even if it is similar to cards that are Items.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote