Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-20-2018, 04:13 PM   #1
Bathawk

Default Supervillian Base?

I've always been quite proud of my collection of RPG books...fantasy, superhero, sci-fi....however Iwas a bit surpriser that i wasn't able to find many examples of superhero/villian lairs/bases

Champions, Mutants and Masterminds, Villians and Vigilantes....other than a few examplesin a M&M book, I haven't found many examples (only the "clonemaster" base from Gurps Martial Arts adventures realy works, and I've already used that

Any other sources that I may be skipping?
Bathawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:17 PM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: Supervillian Base?

GURPS Supers gives some simple rules for building a supervillan base.
Pyramid also has an issue devoted to using GURPS Spaceships for buildings.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:22 PM   #3
Bathawk

Oh I know what my base 'needs"...was hoping for some pre-gen blueprints that Ican translate to a hex map
Bathawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:20 PM   #4
DreadDomain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathawk View Post
I've always been quite proud of my collection of RPG books...fantasy, superhero, sci-fi....however Iwas a bit surpriser that i wasn't able to find many examples of superhero/villian lairs/bases

Champions, Mutants and Masterminds, Villians and Vigilantes....other than a few examplesin a M&M book, I haven't found many examples (only the "clonemaster" base from Gurps Martial Arts adventures realy works, and I've already used that

Any other sources that I may be skipping?
Unless I misunderstand what you are looking for, there are quite a few examples in Champions supplements (including blueprints). The following contain at least a couple each (from 2-3 to half a dozen):

The Ultimate Base
Book of the Machine
Champions Beyond

And a few others contain at least one like Shades of Black, Book of the Destroyer, Extreme Earth.

For GURPS, Lair of the Fat Man probably qualifies as well. I am sure there are more.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:16 PM   #5
Phantasm

Several of the old TSR-era Marvel boxed sets had maps for bases, hero and villain alike. (I think one of them even mapped out Dr. Doom's castle, but I'm not entirely sure about that; I didn't pick up the FF-based boxed set, as I was heavy into the X-books at the time.) I'm not sure about later licensed Marvel products, or any of the DC Heroes products (from Mayfair and later publishers), but certainly worth checking out.

Some of the Palladium Heroes Unlimited setting books may also have stuff that could be useful. Palladium's strong suit is building settings, after all. They've been known to throw city maps into several of their Rifts and Palladium Fantasy books, so putting villain bases into their Heroes Unlimited books or the Rifters may be plausible.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote